Anyone have experience with 2for1imaging?

jayjay22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using the replacement canon inktank compatibles from 2for1imaging?http://store.yahoo.com/2for1imaging/index.html $1.39 seems to be the cheapest price I have seen for a compatible cartridge. If they are any good, I may end up buying 4 of each of the 5 carts needed for the new canon pixma 4000 I will probably buy (20 carts would only cost about $25.88 plus $7.59 shipping $33.47 all together). I know they say you get what you pay for, but no harm in asking and it may just be a diamond in the rough.

Thanks in advance for your insights and your time reading this! :)

jayjay22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I guess no one has had experience with 2for1imaging? Just an update, I have been looking online for reviews and ratings of the seller, and they seem to get rave reviews for their products and services. Many people have even specifically said they purchased the canon compatible cartridges and they worked flawlessly in their printers. I think I will try it and report back with my results once I get my Pixma 4000 tomorrow.

danrad

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well I haven't used any carts from 2for1 however those prices are amazing. Thanks for mentioning them I will also try them.

Dan

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
2for1 is at the same address as BulkInkJetCarts (see the Topic). On the 2for1 website their cart photos show a double sponge (a white sponge on top) like the BIJC#2 carts I am using. The BIJC#2 carts perform like OEM carts on my iP8500 printer with grandad35 custom printer profile for the Old Ink Grabber ink.

JV

jayjay22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
well, I hope the ink is good, I just ordered 20 cartridges for my new pixma ip4000 (4 of each of the 5 colors). If the ink works well, that would be awesome, since it is so darn cheap :) This Pixma is one sweet machine. Leaps and bounds above my HP PSC 1210, and these ink tanks are great. It is very fast for a printer with it's price-tag ($119.99 -$20 rebate) What a deal. This is one heck of alot of printer for $99. Incidentally, I went with the circuit city 2-year protection plan for $30. I figure if I am going to be messing around with non-oem inks, I may as well be protected. Basically if it breaks in the next 2 years, I simply call them and they try to troubleshoot it over the phone, and if it cannot be fixed over the ohone, they ship me a replacement unit in 3-5 business days. Not too bad. Of course they have no way of knowing I was using non-oem inks either.

mytime45

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
JayJay22, have you received BIJC cartridges yet? I have Pixma MP760 and have no luck at all with those cartridges. The green tint takes over on all photos. Trying to play with colors in manual printers settings does nothing. They offered to take them back for a full refund, but I still like to play w those cartridges. The price would be right if we can get them to work correctly.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I wonder if it is an ink issue or a cartridge issue. If it is an ink issue you can use grandad's flushing idea and clean out the cart for some good ink.

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mytime45,

I also had a green cast with BIJC#2 carts on my iP8500 printer. The green cast could be partly corrected with Photoshop. Using Grandad35 printer profile for the Old InkGrabber ink the green cast was completely corrected and my prints now are the same as with OEM inks. See the BulkInkJetCarts Topic Posts #15 and #16. I am using these carts now. They are the best I have tested.

Are your carts BIJC#2 ? They came in white rainbow boxes. The carts have two sponges and look identical to OEM carts except for the labels and slightly softer sponges.

Gandads printer profile worked on my printer because he uses the same 8 inks I do. For your printer you may have to buy a custom printer profile for best results.

JV

mytime45

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried Grandad35 profiles but they did not work for me, different printer and ink system. I did change the photo black for OEM with no effect in colors. Will replace each individual color just to see if and how it affects the print. Yes I could buy a profile just for this ink but that is not as much fun as trying to figure it out on you own. Than if I want to change for different ink, different profile is needed. In my opinion the supplier or seller should provide the masses with profiles if they want to have repeated customers sales