Any interest in a simple Photo thread?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
1. What are the rules of being wild fire wise??
2. I am puzzled by what seems to be a B&W print with some coloured objects. Is this a new Aus art form?

It’s the middle of winter in Victoria right now, and that white stuff is called snow down under too.. :hu

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Just 8 weeks ago we were still vulnerable to fire because the timber and understory was so dry. The steel tank in the right of the image is water storage, 20,000 gallons for fire fighting!
Many of our town water storages are down around 12% of capacity. Its cloudy overcast and damp. Solid rain to give run off to fill the rivers and feed our storages still has not come.

The planet is drying out, and the naysayers are simply delaying the inevitable. We had floods in 2010 and there was a almost audible sigh of relief around Aus. Suddenly the place came alive, and the good times were back in town.....Science had it wrong, Conservitive Prime Minister of the day wanted an Inquiry into the behaviour of our Weather Bureau???????? went so far as to state on the record that they might be infiltrated by left wing subversives........Now THAT is black and white with a little colour

Sorry @ Emulator this time I am unable to share the secret of the capture method of that Image Samsung would be P'd off at me if I did as it might reveal the antiquity of the technology employed:gig

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If it didn’t rain for 4 weeks, which is very unlikely, we too would be very short of water here on the East coast.
We haven’t had a decent reservoir built since 1847 and all the Gobshites in charge can’t agree how to build one, but they still tax the hell out of us for using fossil fuels because of… Climate Change, even the booze is €38 a litre.. Nothing is B&W here... :confused:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Must be some good hooch!
When I departed England in 1969 an imperial pint of Guiness and Scrumpy Cider was two shillings and one penny and I managed to stay blotto 6 days a week on the grand sum of £16/10/6.......who says there is/was no nutrients in Guiness!!
I am aware that there are 7 days in an English week @The Hat ........the 7th was reserved for scavanging a feed from friends, home......anywhere!!! And a visit to Speakers Corner for edification and a good arguement:old:old

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Sorry @3dogs, but we don’t have speaker’s corner here, just the local Pub.
The self-righteous think that by taxing the booze it will stop us indulging.. :p

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Scrumpy Cider
Looked this up and seems to be similar to the Apple Jack I used to make of apple cider before they started pasteurizing it for our safety. A couple of dollars for a gallon of cider, a couple bits and bobs of chemistry lab equipment, refrigeration and patience would produce a splendid alcoholic beverage.

Did you mix the beer with the cider? I've read that beer mixed with lemonade are a thing in England and used to be served in hospitals to the on-duty staff!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The self-righteous think that by taxing the booze it will stop us indulging.. :p
Some of those self-righteous are actually greedy cusses counting on you to keep drinking so they can thieve your money from your wallets legally. Remember to thank them for nobly redistributing your wealth. :mad:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Looked this up and seems to be similar to the Apple Jack I used to make of apple cider before they started pasteurizing it for our safety. A couple of dollars for a gallon of cider, a couple bits and bobs of chemistry lab equipment, refrigeration and patience would produce a splendid alcoholic beverage.

Did you mix the beer with the cider? I've read that beer mixed with lemonade are a thing in England and used to be served in hospitals to the on-duty staff!

Scrumpy Cider was lethal when sorced from Somerset and bought as draft on tap.
1/2 cider/ 1/2 Guiness (draft on tap) was a variant of a "Black Velvet" I believe the correct mix is Guiness and Champagne.....
Was too expensive for my needs/ thirst, so I went with the "Mud" version..... so named for the state of ones face after a few:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Some of those self-righteous are actually greedy cusses counting on you to keep drinking so they can thieve your money from your wallets legally. Remember to thank them for nobly redistributing your wealth. :mad:

My favourite topic.

Nobody and nothing is safe when the legislators are in session.

They tax the living, the dead, the unborn and the dying.

Most governments have yet to see a tax they didn't like or couldn't hike.

Don't mind paying my share, but want to draw the line at the concept of the "Nanny State" defining my values.

Just getting started for the day. 7.00 am here and off to more photography lectures at this workshop. :(

rs