Any interest in a simple Photo thread?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
@Shankar If you post up an image that you would like to see in saturated colours, I will modify it in "Adobe Lightroom" for you.

Some like them, others hate them!!:)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Using the coordinates from the Google Earth image I found the house in Google Earth Street View. The quality is not as good as the image uploaded by Emulator:

Fern Hill 1.jpg

Using the free Irfan View I cranked up the saturation and got something like Emulator's image, but of course in a much lower quality:

Fern Hill 2.jpg

Irfan View can also desaturate an image with too vivid colours and make the grass look more natural, here I made Emulator's image look more like the one from Google Earth Street View:

Fern Hill 3.jpg

I suggest to try out the Irfan View program. It's free and can do much more than you would think when you open it for the first time. Remember to also download and install the plugins. IIRC Canons free "Easy Photo Print" has a vivid colour setting that also increases the saturation.

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Using the coordinates from the Google Earth image I found the house in Google Earth Street View. The quality is not as good as the image uploaded by Emulator:

View attachment 4283

Using the free Irfan View I cranked up the saturation and got something like Emulator's image, but of course in a much lower quality:

View attachment 4284

Irfan view can also desaturate an image with too vivid colours and make the grass look more natural, here I made Emulators image look more like the one from Google Earth Street View:

View attachment 4286

I suggest to try out the Irfan View program. It's free and can do much more than you would think when you open it for the first time. Remember to also download and install the plugins. IIRC Canons free "Easy Photo Print" has a vivid colour setting that also increases the saturation.

No wonder I did'nt recognise the place! It shows yet again just how images can be manipulated, in this case to its detriment I think.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Using a Google image search on "old train station fern hill australia" I found the image on a real estate agent website. There is a photo series and all photos might have been "enhanced", but to a much less extent than the image uploaded by Emulator. I think the editing makes the house look really nice. Hopefully a potential buyer won't be disappointed.

I think this is the image Emulator found. It is way too much "enhanced" in my opinion. Notice the technical photo details, not a word about Photoshop or other software.

Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
@3dogs I hope I haven't started an invasion of visitors to your quiet town, just to see the Google Earth photo image original. :)

There is a second image showing the local store.

How about taking an original yourself and posting it up!!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Just the weather for it tomorrow...........cold, damp, and misty........see what I can do:old

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Is it a no go because of you or the camera? :hu
It must be a bit dark now. Tomorrow is another day. :ya

Isn't technology wonderful, I can sit here in the UK and by cooperative remote control, have a photo taken of a specific location in Australia. :)

But unlike true robotics, it rather depends on the inclination of the operative end of the system. But I suppose it is as good as current space flight technology and probably better than any of the Mars lander systems so far!

Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
1. What are the rules of being wild fire wise??
2. I am puzzled by what seems to be a B&W print with some coloured objects. Is this a new Aus art form?