Any idea where to buy an Original Canon printhead?

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I'm being given the runaround. I want to buy a Canon 3300 printhead and the only way to do this seems to be to send my printer to the service center, have some dweeb look it over, THEN tell me I need a new printhead. I can't buy it from the dealer, I can't buy it from the service center unless the dweeb says so, and he won't say so until after I bring my printer in.

Is there any place where I can just say "I'm buying a 3300 printer printhead" and expect to leave with the printhead in my hands?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I see several places from Google on the first page. Did a search first for "Canon IP3300 Print Head" which lead me to several sites in GB selling it over the internet, including a refurbished unit on eBay in USA.

Use the model number of the printhead for a google search as well. I tried "QY60070000" and "QY6-0070" also with some effect.

One of the least expensive I saw was US $50 total on Amazon.com, but most appeared to be between US $50-100.

Those suckers are expensive! It wasn't too long ago you could get a new printhead for $40 or under for my MP830. Now they are $50 and up.

Don't know what country you live in, so it's best for you to decide where the least expensive place to get it is.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I got 3 different print heads from Canon. Just call Canon Support, they will direct you to the right department to order print heads.
I discovered they are for the most part cheaper than the online sellers.
Canon Parts Phone number:
1-800-828-4040

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Using tyamada's listed number (thanks), I spoke with Canon. A new printhead for my MP830 will cost ~ US $51 (includes shipping).

According to the representative, Canon continues to make replacement parts for 7 years, with inventory available until sold out. Also, a sealed new printhead stored in a controlled climate should last 4-5 years.

I have a sealed new printhead that came with my still unopened refurb MP830, so I wanted to know how long it could reasonable remain "new" and how much urgency should I have about stocking up on a replacement.

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
Try craigslist. You may be able to find a used 3300 for cheap. Chuck the printer or keep it for parts. It's how I picked up my "spare" iP4500s.

muzicman82

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I think I've only ever used eBay merchants... and I've bought a lot of printheads over the years.