Aldi paper in Belgium

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Yes, but we don’t get your
I was pulling your leg. It's always greener on the other side till you get there. Except for County Wicklow, which is really green. :D

51e62862d1ed671abba6f08e037fabcc4c6b2dbe94f77730d773fb7f4fbad792.jpg

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
County Wicklow on Lidl office inkjet paper :

Wicklow.lidl.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
@Artur5 , could you please check for the manufacturer info on your Lidl office inkjet paper box, there should be some small print on the back side , more at the bottom - Hergestellt durch Sihl Gmbh ....Düren, manufactured by...
whatever.
I did profiles for the Sihl/Aldi paper and did not find them too much off from other papers, there can be several factors now changing the colors that much - color/driver/profile settings, or the scanner, or it is some other paper

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Artur5 , could you please check for the manufacturer info on your Lidl office inkjet paper box, there should be some small print on the back side , more at the bottom - Hergestellt durch Sihl Gmbh ....Düren, manufactured by...
whatever.
I did profiles for the Sihl/Aldi paper and did not find them too much off from other papers, there can be several factors now changing the colors that much - color/driver/profile settings, or the scanner, or it is some other paper
Thanks for your input.
Unfortunately (or possibly not) I haven’t any Lidl paper left nor empty boxes, so I can’t check. I identify this paper from the others on printed samples because there’s no name at the back (unlike Canon or Epson) and now also by the amount of fluorescence to UVA light.
It’s very likely that my third party ink plays a significant role in the fading amount or else many people would have been ranting angrily on this matter. Although I won’t name the brand, it’s not cheapo Chinese production but a direct manufacturer from Germany. Color wise, I’ve been very happy with the results and also no problems with inkflow or clogging, even from bottles dating up to two-three years. Longevity hadn’t been a problem with all the other papers. Prints under glass last several years without degradation. If unprotected, fading comes much faster but maybe ten times slower that with this Lidl paper.
I suspect that the main problem resides in the cyan dye used by this manufacturer reacting badly with that particular paper. As we know, black ink is made of a mixture of different dyes and the fact that it turns brown might mean that the cyan component of the ink is fading much faster than the others. As said, yellows and magentas did quite well.
If I had still some of this paper, I’d try now with the Canon Pro10s to see how it interacts with pigment inks, either OEM or from Octoinkjet, but I’m not buying more stock solely for this purpose.
Regards.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It's fine as long as you are happy with those inks from Germany; you are right that it is always the combination of ink and paper which gives you the result. I have tested quite a lot of 3rd party refill inks for their fading performance for Epson printers including German inks, Chinese, US, inks with high UV resistance (as claimed) , cheap and expensive inks over the last years, I only can summarize that there are no 3rd party inks on the market reaching the fading performance of Epson or Fujifilm inks at all , not by a significant difference; I tested a Fotonic ink for Canon and the inks for the Canon inktank printers - like the G1400 and other models - all those are disappointing as well. I only can separate all those inks into two groups - fading very fast - you can watch your prints fading in the sun - and some other inks just fading fast. No claim of suppliers of UV resistance held true. Pigment inks are much more stable in this respect - including 3rd party inks , if longevity is your concern your are much better off with pigment inks. If you have access to a Pro 10s or similar you def. should test those.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Although I won’t name the brand... Color wise, I’ve been very happy with the results and also no problems with inkflow or clogging
Why not help others to know about good or bad results from a specific ink set? That's a major part of what this forum is about. :idunno

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well, if you want to know, it’s ‘Arici Grup’ ( www.druckerpatronentankstellen.de )
Possibly I’m not making them a favor revealing the name, after my rant about the Lidl paper, but the fact is that in ten years I’ve never had issues with their ink.
Ironically, now that my Pro9000 is kaput and the IP3000 probably wont last long, in all likelihood I’ll never buy from them again, Oddly enough they don’t sell pigment ink for the Pro10, only dye ink (as they state clearly ). From now on, I’m purchasing my Pro10s supplies from Octoinkjet.uk. The first shipment arrived last Monday : resetter, empty carts, refill clips and bulk ink.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I know that company, they are very much at the bottom end with their pricing, their main business is the supply of everything you need for a refill shop, inks, tools, etc including franchising . They mainly sell dye inks, pigment inks are not so popular in refill shops except the limited range for the Epson Durabrite type business printers. I was not happy with their inks despite the low price. So enjoy your Pro10s from now on.
(And a last remark on the Sihl/Aldi/Lidl paper - give it a try with pigment inks, but Sihl themselves does not rate this paper the best for use with pigment inks in their technical data. But it's all a matter of a personal judgement)

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yeah.. Arici's sure not the best aftermarket ink but I feel inclined to make some allowances when a bottle of 1 liter of black pigm. ink for Canon Pixmas IP3000/4000 costs roughly the same of a Canon BCI-3eBk cart. containing less than 25ml.
When you print at least 10000-12000 pages of text/year, those savings are noticeable and welcome.