Advice on ink for 1430/1500w

DonC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Artisan 1430
First I have been reading this forum off and on for a while and really appreciate the effort some of you have been putting in to this.

I bought a 1430 a year ago and have thus far been using oem inks with good results. However, knowing that I would be moving to a country where access to such inks would be prohibitively expensive I also purchased a kit from Precision Colors a while back with what was then the new EV6 inks. Based on what I've read here, they are not that great in terms of fading so I was considering buying the 6 color L800 inks instead which appear to fare better.

My questions are, 1) is this a good option? has anyone figured out if those are the same as claria inks or alternately produced printer profiles to use with them? 2) should I nonetheless use up the PC inks first before trying anything else (probably well over a year before that would happen) 3) if I buy the L800 inks, what is the best way to flush out the PC inks from the reusable carts before filling them with the L800 inks?

Thanks for the help
Don

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

DonC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Artisan 1430
I reread those threads and unfortunately did not find the answers.
1) Has anyone figured out if the Epson L800 are the same as Claria inks and if not, has someone generated profiles for them?
2) Are the precision colors inks worth using, in other words, is real word performance acceptable?
3) Is there a good method for flushing the reusable carts before switching inks?

Thanks again

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Epson is not calling the L800 inks Claria inks, and the fade tests by Wilhelm Research indicate that there is a difference between those.

I'm not using the L800 inks but the Fujifilm DL inks for which I have created suitable profiles, for the papers I'm using.
Whether particular inks are worth using is a personal decision taking pricing and performance - like black level, gamut or fade resistance into consideration, I won't give a recommendation here. If you don't need better fade resistance you don't need to pay the premium price for it.
I wouldn't flush the cartridges, there is not much ink left in an empty cartridge, and you are not switching from e.g. yellow to cyan but cyan from one supplier to another cyan.
But if you want to flush a cartridge you may fill it with a cleaner, or gloss optimizer or other thinner and suck it empty with a syringe at the ink outlet.