A New Printer from The Canon stables..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
new Lucia pigment inks, with a Gloss/chroma Optimizer, extended gamut, photo black and matte black with dedicated nozzles, lots of nozzles - o.k. they are needed for different droplet sizes - individual nozzle control and backup for clogged nozzles, 80 ml ink tanks , and Canon uses the word 'refill' - something what Epson is doing with the Ecotank models - really not bad if that's all in this new unit. I'm just missing any remark about support for roll paper, even only as an option.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
an image in the Petapixel review shows cartridges, not tanks, at the front, bottom of the unit, so it's 80ml and about the same as the P800. Epson claims reduction of bronzing with their new inks, Canon continues with the Chroma optimizer, only real life tests will show who can do better.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
$700 for a complete set of OEM cartridges to fill the beast! This printer is for the likes of Mr. Moneybags, The Hat.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Your very wrong @stratman me boyo, I’ll have to past on this big beast because I am doing very little if any paying work lately and besides I reckon I’ve done enough by launching the Pro 1 here, and I bet :bow @websnail would just love an order of 6 litres of ink from me, 500 ml x 12 bottles !

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I want this monster:weee. It has a removable maintenance tank, which the Pro-1 lacked and has red (orange) and blue ink (like the Epson R1800), both black loaded simultaneously, gloss optimizer and 12 cartridges, ABW-mode with 3 levels of black. So actually the Epson R2000 and Pro 3880 merged together and a removable maintenance tank. Now....where are the refillables and/or resetter :plbb

I think this might be a Pro-1 and Pro 3800 killer, so buy buy buy :ya.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Northlight Image is collecting all relevant informations and details:
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/printers/pro-1000.html
there is a link to the manual, 750 pages, quite a bit reading for those who wants to buy...

PS: Hi pharmacist, nice to hear from you after some time... hope you will be back in your own threads which others (including me) has taken over for some fading tests..

SuperareTech

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP deskjet 932c
I couldn't help but notice how this printer appears to have an internal CISS. I thought that canon printers don't work well with them, because they get air in the lines. Does this by any chance maybe use piezo printheads?
Other than that, its a very nice printer...:drool