A New Printer from The Canon stables..

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Nice printer, 12inks ! The paper suction is very nice for such small printer. No 17inch A2 has one AFAIK. But where is the roll paper option?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
BUT.... will it still insist on using Photo Black instead of Matte Black when you choose Matte Paper???
With earlier CANON Printers like the PRO-10 and PRO-1 and PRO9500 MKII, that has been the case.
The only way to get them to use MK is to choose Fine Art Matte papers. Then and only then will it use MK.
Plus the hassle of the mandatory borders.
And worse. The CANON profiles from other paper manufactures would have been make with what black????
Photo or Matte. Is they tell you to choose Matte paper then you will be using PK when you think you are using MK!
I hope that has secretly been solved. Secretly because they would never admit the problem was ever there BUT it is.

Joe

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I couldn't help but notice how this printer appears to have an internal CISS. I thought that canon printers don't work well with them, because they get air in the lines. Does this by any chance maybe use piezo printheads?
Other than that, its a very nice printer...:drool

All CANON printers with stationary carts operate with an ink delivery system using a flat ribbon or ink tubes. Just like a those on other printers with stationary carts.
The only time CISS does not work very well is on CANON printer with carts that ride on top of the printhead.
No. No piezo print head!

Joe

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I wonder if the printer will have auto maintenance cycles etc. to keep the print head clean?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I would not be at all surprised and assume just like with other Canon printers, if you don't use them for a few days, they will run some short cleaning cycle before printing.

Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Nice printer, 12inks ! But where is the roll paper option?
Exactly.

I leave my Pro 1 stopped for 3 months or more and it does the usual cleaning cycle on start-up every time, on the other side, it has never has a single clog, lose some ink, saves on paper.. :hu

A set of new cartridges for the Pro 1000 are half the price of this new beast.. :(

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I would not be at all surprised and assume just like with other Canon printers, if you don't use them for a few days, they will run some short cleaning cycle before printing.

Joe

I know that, but what about automated short cleaning cycles every 24hrs or 48hrs etc. This drastically prevents clogs, and uses less ink than manual cleaning cycle if the manufacturer made it so.
My brother printer does these cleaning cycles and believe me I don't know what I would do without them as I never know when I will need to print, and when I do perfect nozzle check every time, knocks on wood :fl

This way there is no need to run nozzle checks as a cleaning cycle, because the manual started one eats very much ink.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Now....where are the refillables and/or resetter :plbb
24 hours notice? I think the guys in the lab need a couple of hours for their breakfast to digest and hey they'll have something by, oh, tea time?

... 2017 ;)

I thought that canon printers don't work well with them, because they get air in the lines.
As Joe noted that's because of the poor interface between the cartridge and printhead ink receiver. An OEM CIS system built into the printer wouldn't have any interface to allow air leakage so such an issue is not relevant here.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Canon printers tend to spill much less ink during printing, cleaning, maintenance compared to Epson. On the other hand: the bubble jet technology does produce print heads that wear much faster. Epson print heads will mostly last the life expectancy of the printer. Nevertheless: I think this Pro-1000 has some amazing features that are not present in the Pro 3880/SPC-800: both blacks loaded, extra red (orange) and blue for extended gamut (Epson R1800/R1900/R2000 has those extra colors too: orange, red, blue, but lacks the 3-levels of black found in the Epson Pro 3800). Als the Pro-1 has no removable waste ink tank: this printer has it.

We will have gloss optimizer too: not found on the Epson Pro 3880/SPC-800 and also both blacks loaded, so no ink spilling when you want to print on for example water color paper sheet.

Also the vacuum method of paper transport is superior to the traditional rolling system which causes indentation on some papers.

Could Epson make a similar printer too please with both blacks loaded, gloss optimizer, 3-levels of black for ABW, red and blue inks for extended gamut and vacuum paper transport system ???

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Could Epson make a similar printer too please with both blacks loaded, gloss optimizer, 3-levels of black for ABW, red and blue inks for extended gamut and vacuum paper transport system ???

You forgot to ask for roll paper! I don't see it available on Pro1000