A message from a Dutchman living in France and trying to buy a inkjet

Wouter

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and congratulate you all on the subjects posted. At the same time I want to excuse myself for my English. I am Dutch living in France. Although I spend hours to go through your topics, I did not find the answer to my question: which printer I should buy.

My needs are:
1) I have a home office and need a printer for my laptop.
2) My space is limited and so is my budget.
3) All I need is letter printing (I do not need to print pictures or glossy high resolution pictures)
4) Speed is not important (I may only print two letters a day)
5) Color is not a must and I can manage with good quality black printing
6) I like to do my own refilling and read your forum article about the Canon i560

I was thinking to buy a Canon 1P3000 (the replacement of the i560 isnt it?).

Can anyone advise me which printer will be my best option to buy?

Thank you for your advise and help,
Wouter

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If you can still find an ip3000 at a good price, then you should do it right away. I wish I could still find some in Canada!!

This printer is very inexpensive to run and will give you the option of printing colour if you ever need to do so.

However, if you only are going to print text, why not go with an inexpensive laser printer? That will be the least expensive overall.

In any case, bonne chance, et bienvenu au Forum!!

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Laser printer would be the most economical one for your home office (cheapest price/page) and will you give razorsharp text (can be a problem when printing with a inkjet printer on some types of cheap office paper). Your printing will look more professional with a laser than a inkjet printer.

I'm not sure what you are doing (student) ? Maar in ieder geval, veel succes en welkom op dit forum !