A Glance at the New Canon 200 & 300... !

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/deep-learning-ai/industries/robotics/

You can purchase and play now! even from Amazon. Prices are reasonable. The future is bright for those who know and prepare. Those who don't, not so...and they're usually spending time on Tik Tok and Facebook. Ha Ha but its not really funny because the implications if you see it..................

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Do I think there is AI in Canon printers? NO.
In the classical Turing sense, I agree.

Yet, the definition of AI has been expanded into subsets.

One definition of AI is a machine that can perform something that previously required human interaction. For instance, some Canon printers can automatically detect the size of the paper fed and then give Paper Type selections based on that data. These actions previously required human interaction.

https://www.rgbuk.com/store/large-f...n-ipf-pro-series/canon-imageprograf-pro-4100/

This type of Narrow (weak) AI, however, is based on a restricted algorithm of rules where no "(self) learning" or expanded application is possible without further human interaction like a firmware update.

Canon, of course, advertises AI in their printers because it sounds like the future is now. It may be true but it is weak sauce in the Turing Test world. It is not Artificial General Intelligence (Strong AI) like we see in science fiction movies like Blade Runner and Battlestar Galactica.

https://builtin.com/artificial-intelligence

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
its not really funny because the implications if you see it..................
AI is the digital version of Gain of Function virus research. Humans are too imperfect to not feck things up eventually and people die on a massive scale.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Canon did lock their Pro printer firmware almost ten years ago, but obviously someone stole the necessary code to unlock it, but that still leaves the question of the battery. ?

No one knew the battery was present in the Pro 10/100 until recently and that owner got caught out and had to pay the price to have their printer reprogramed, so how many other printers have a battery, @stratman asks, but I don’t have a Feckin clue or answer.

I do know the Pro 1, the Pro 1000 and now the Pro 200 and 300 has a battery, but as to how many other printers have also, frankly I don’t know, but I do know for certain the Pro 1, Pro 200 and Pro 300 have AI build in and these are the printers we need to be wary of when we attempt go under the hood. I don’t know why they reintroduced it either..

The AI in the Canon printer is not designed to learn anything, it’s there to monitor and record all its own internal operations, it only has a limited set of rules that if one is broken by the owner then it give a fatal error. B200 ! And the cart chips are lock up tighter than a ducks ass might have something to do with it..

All Canon printers had the ability to record daily operations long before they had batteries or AI, back when you could read the EPROM chip using a Service Tool, all this information was freely available..

The AI in these printers, is not intelligence as we know it can’t think or learn a Feckin thing, it cannot be altered or changed without the proper software to do so, but maybe one day like the firmware it too could be stolen and hacked.

To clarify once again, the printer needs a functioning battery installed, and if removed or depleted (Flat) the printer will display a message and stop working. Now have you morning coffee in peace my good man !. I didn’t reckon I needed to include a Feckin dictionary to be understood, but you know yourself.. !

I’ll stop now just in case “ET” or one of his neighbours want to come in and have a piece of my ass..:duc

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you! :clap:hugs

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
AI is the digital version of Gain of Function virus research. Humans are too imperfect to not feck things up eventually and people die on a massive sc
Gain of function is what I do.....with printers.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Gain of function is what I do.....with printers.

Gain of function research takes pathogens that do not infect humans and make them able to infect humans. Apparently, this is one way to start a pandemic that can kill millions of humans.

Hacking printers and ink that then can kill humans is a lousy business model for repeat sales. :idunno

You seem more a "value-added" kind of guy that enhances the value of the printer via creation of alternative operational and economic pathways benefiting both you and the end user. While the hope of gain of function research is to benefit someone sometime in the future, it definitely has the potential of initiating mass death every moment of every day. Printers.... not so much.

Looking at it from another perspective, a spill of ink in your home may cause you a mess and maybe a weekend sleeping on the couch when your wife sees it. A spill of re-engineered deadly pathogen the scientist takes home unaware may cause others to take a permanent dirt nap.

royphotog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
I have a Canon Pro-300, love it, and for the first time with a printer, I will only use Canon inks. I am using the printer in my photo studio, printing for customers so I just need it to work, and to deliver prints that will last for years and years, longer than most of my customers and myself.

With all the other printers I have used, I have run aftermarket inks and all has worked fine, but I was not printing photos. Longevity was not an issue when I was printing order forms and handouts.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Congratulation @royphotog with your decision to stay with OEM inks this time round, because your printer should last for years without a single blip, and these carts can be used till they are officially declared empty, then keep the empty carts with the orange clips on and sell them on later..

The best way to use the new Pro 300 is with all new OEM ink carts every time and avoid the hassle of losing your print head because of lack of ink in one or more of the carts, not to mention the very best print quality and printer longevity, but that comes at a price.. !

I still haven’t been able to find out yet where the kink in the Pro 200/300 carts is, when you try to refill and print with the ink monitoring disabled.

As we know already we’re allowed refill a cart and disable the ink monitoring by holding in the Resume button for a couple of seconds and we can then continue to print, but ?

But there’s got to be a but somewhere with these new carts, and I was wondering how many times it will allow you to use a disabled cart before the printer calls a halt !, once twice three times, that’s the question ?

Now these carts have a special new chip on them and I reckon when you reinsert a cart that has already has been disabled previously, (Second refill) the printer will not recognise that chip and won’t allow any further printing till you put in a new cart. !

How much of this is fiction, how much is fact, so far we’ve heard nothing, but we still need to know and it will be interesting to find out… We need a guanine pig, any takers, it won’t damage the printer but it will cost you to find out..

Latest posts