A Glance at the New Canon 200 & 300... !

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you don't know then you don't know.
I did named them for you, ALL the Pro printer range have batteries but not all have an intelligent memory chips, the latest Pro machines know the date and time too..
How many scoops did you have last night and why wasn't I invited?
Ah sure you know if I could get across the water I’ll be knocking on your door with a bag full of best Bourbon..:hugs
P.S. I wonder how lone before a refilling Gobbeen will meet “ET” in the Cul-De-Sac..:barnie

I’m betting he did fire six.
.:ep

Last edited:

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Hint, when refilling these machines, there is something that to some degree will replace a resetter. IT IS A MUST HAVE when refilling these machines.

Use a tally counter. Something like this. Keep it around both printers. A suggested starting point is around 30 8x10 prints. So if printing a 13x19 click it off three times.
The optimal point of refilling is an iterative process and will depend on your printing habits. When refilling the first time, you will know how many was printed and how much ink was left. If a lot was left and you felt it was too early to refill, next time refill at a point slightly higher than 30. YOUR IDEAL POINT WILL VARY BETWEEN THE PRO-300 AND PRO-200. On the 200, your ideal point will be when there is about 1/16" inch on ink left in the reservoir. On the Pro-300 your target set /refill point is about 20 grams and if you are a normal user, the set point will end up on the gray or chroma channel. Give yourself a fudge factor of 20-25% to accomodate small changes in prints. The suggested 20 grams for the Pro-300 already accomodates this.
Remember it is an iterative process to discover the refill point and if you are printing things vastly different from what you normally print, accomodate this aspect.

Keep the counter AT the printer and click off as you take the prints off the output tray.

Attachments

• 61FkVkR4YYL._SL1001_.jpg
    61FkVkR4YYL._SL1001_.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Hint, when refilling these machines, there is something that to some degree will replace a resetter. IT IS A MUST HAVE when refilling these machines.

Use a tally counter. Something like this. Keep it around both printers. A suggested starting point is around 30 8x10 prints. So if printing a 13x19 click it off three times.
The optimal point of refilling is an iterative process and will depend on your printing habits. When refilling the first time, you will know how many was printed and how much ink was left. If a lot was left and you felt it was too early to refill, next time refill at a point slightly higher than 30. YOUR IDEAL POINT WILL VARY BETWEEN THE PRO-300 AND PRO-200. On the 200, your ideal point will be when there is about 1/16" inch on ink left in the reservoir. On the Pro-300 your target set /refill point is about 20 grams and if you are a normal user, the set point will end up on the gray or chroma channel. Give yourself a fudge factor of 20-25% to accomodate small changes in prints. The suggested 20 grams for the Pro-300 already accomodates this.
Remember it is an iterative process to discover the refill point and if you are printing things vastly different from what you normally print, accomodate this aspect.

Keep the counter AT the printer and click off as you take the prints off the output tray.
Not a bad idea such a counter.

30 8x10 or A4 is a very prudent approach, in continuous printing you can do at least the double (1ml/A4). This weekend the CO and GY on my PRO-10 were already showing the yellow sign and I still could print 10 A4's before they went red. Weight is then 21g so at least 4g reserve (I refill to 32-32.5 g and a sucked empty cart weighs 16.5-17).
So I have to top up "empty" carts with 11g but R mostly only with 3g.
The total ink used is much less than 10 carts of 14g and refilling at half the estimated usage still saves much more ink than changing cart by cart.
You can refill with OEM ink too.

Again, I would do it only when I have to.

PS: the fear of a "printer revenge" with ink monitoring disabled is - as far as I know - based on experiences with the PRO-1 and never confirmed with other printers, although it would be very easy for Canon to implement.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
PS: the fear of a "printer revenge" with ink monitoring disabled is - as far as I know - based on experiences with the PRO-1 and never confirmed with other printers, although it would be very easy for Canon to implement.
The fear of running a printer with ink monitoring disabled is nothing to laugh at, it was normally easy done in the past, but with something looking over your shoulder and just waiting… waiting.. These printers will have live AI (Mark ll), which is unlike anything we’ve seen before.

I just can’t see why Canon would install this powerful AI in their printers and not use it against any unlawful activity that would cheat and deny Canon out of their lucrative ink revenue..

I wonder how far it will let a refiller go.. 2 refills… 3 refills, but it will allow a little lenience, so you’ve got to remember it’s the same chip on the carts and counting… counting… We just don’t Feckin know… Yet…

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250

I wonder how far it will let a refiller go.. 2 refills… 3 refills, but it will allow a little lenience, so you’ve got to remember it’s the same chip on the carts and counting… counting… We just don’t Feckin know… Yet…
I wonder how intensive this has been tested by providers of ink for those ("both" ;)) printers.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
ALL the Pro printer range have batteries but not all have an intelligent memory chips

Now we’re suckin’ diesel.

Which models can brick because of what you call "intelligent memory chips"?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Which models can brick because of what you call "intelligent memory chips"?
The Pro 200, 300, the jury’s out on the Pro 1000, it has something there but very little because of the size of its carts, and it hasn’t shown much aggression yet..:caf

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Pro 200, 300, the jury’s out on the Pro 1000
The seems upside down.

In the past you have posted on, and specifically identified, at least one older Canon model, the Pro -1, that will brick if you take out the battery while unplugged from the "mains".

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...10-s-26-flashes-error-6700.14734/#post-128049

I do not recall anything other than theories about the 200/300.

To recap, you are now indirectly saying that your previous post linked above was complete shite as to bricking your Pro-1 printer and the unknowns 200/300 are now known as having this fatal potential.

Stick with the minerals, my friend.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The seems upside down.
Nothing is upside down, well not yet anyway..
In the past you have posted on, and specifically identified, at least one older Canon model, the Pro -1, that will brick if you take out the battery while unplugged from the "mains".
Let’s re-track a little, any printer that has a battery fitted will brick if you don’t have the power lead plugged in when you remove the battery.
I do not recall anything other than theories about the 200/300.
That’s no theory me auld boy, that’s fact the 200 /300 machines will face the same faith in the same situation as their older sisters, without power life expires..
Stick with the minerals, my friend.
Mineral water tastes much better with two fingers of Bourbon in it..