9880 Borderless Problem

Michael Messner3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9880
Been trying to print a 12 by 16 inch print on 16 inch roll paper. 9880 Printer Windows 10 Photoshop latest version. The driver keeps saying borderless not allowed reload paper. The expand option in paper size is not selectable. We tried reducing and increasing the print width a bit neither helped. Thanks.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It's probably hidden deep in a x-hundred pages manual - Epson printers support borderless printing for 17" papers but not 16" , and not any other arbritrary paper width for borderless printing either but just some standard values. I had the same problem with my old Pro 7600. You can usse a work around - you attach a piece of a paper stripe to the top of form with the 17" width and reload the paper, the printhead is scanning for the paper width and sees the fake 17", and you then print your 16" image borderless, it may require some little adjustments and the driver settings.

Michael Messner3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9880
It's probably hidden deep in a x-hundred pages manual - Epson printers support borderless printing for 17" papers but not 16" , and not any other arbritrary paper width for borderless printing either but just some standard values. I had the same problem with my old Pro 7600. You can usse a work around - you attach a piece of a paper stripe to the top of form with the 17" width and reload the paper, the printhead is scanning for the paper width and sees the fake 17", and you then print your 16" image borderless, it may require some little adjustments and the driver settings.
We rotated the print and wasted a bit of paper. The manual says that 16 inch borderless is supported. I never tried it before. Just ordered a roll of Metallic in 24 inch on sale from Vistek. I hope it will print borderless at 24 inch. Thanks for the reply. Mike

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
o.k., fine, rotating is a viable option if you print that format more regularly. I experienced it before that the firmware/driver version did not match the data in the user and the service manual, and that data was not even congruent between the German and the English manual version.

Last edited: