3D steps in How to make a new Ball..

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Great print @The Hat !

Regarding flex filaments: Every once in a while I'm tempted to give them a try... especially for something like this, but I'm just not sure my CR-10 can do it well, and I'm not really in the mood for a potential headache.

That said, this could be like a lot of other 3D printing things I put off for years, then once I do it, I say to myself: "Ugh, I should have given that a try sooner!"

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Regarding flex filaments: Every once in a while I'm tempted to give them a try
I’m having enough issues with my current PLA filament but as you say if I don’t try it I’ll never know..

The big problem is finding something that I could use it on… Then we’ll be cooking with gas..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I'm still struggling with my first spool of FLEX. The jury hasn't decided yet who is responsible for the fiasco. I blame the filament. Probably the filament, if allowed to talk, would blame my wrong printing settings. :D
The print starts fine but underextrusion creeps in afterwards and the whole thing becomes a sponge. My suspicion is that after one or two hours, the temperature starts to rise too much inside the heatbreak. Hence, the filament becomes too soft in there, and can't be properly pushed down inside the nozzle. I'll set a lower nozzle temperature.. but, if too low, it might clog the nozzle. Where 's the sweet spot ?.. :idunno
Anyway, tomorrow I'll give it another try. It's been already a couple of weeks since the last failure.

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Yes, but sometimes you don't know beforehand which is the good one.
Why you folks haven't been more adventurous with exotic filaments, so I could learn from your mistakes ?. :D

Small update:
This morning I tried again that naughty FLEX. I started with nozzle temp. reduced from 235 to 220ºC. Bed at 50ºC.
Printing fine for one hour and a half, then I start to see smalls gaps in the extrusion.
Printing paused, filament removed, Just a bit twisted at the end but not deformed. Wait 5 minutes; reload filament. Nozzle temp. set now to 215ºC. Print resumed and it went fine for another hour, then I had to leave and not wanting to leave it unattended, I stopped the machine.
Somehow I see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe next time I'll try 210ºC nozzle and 40ºC bed.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Somehow I see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe next time I'll try 210ºC nozzle and 40ºC bed.
Maybe you need to shine much more light on your printer, why not try a lamp standard..:lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
3D Printing sounds so much fun. You guys are always in a hole, tunnel, or underwater. :weee:gig

Latest posts