3D Printed Cat Toy

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
See the link below. The culprit part is the one in the left, These two hold the rods of the X axis. The one that cracked open holds the X- motor as well.
No problem getting it. I ordered it and has been shipped already. You have to get the complete set ( left and right holders), but they're cheap, so I''ll replace both, just in case the right side holder has been deformed somehow.

BTW I don't know which infill % do you use, but Prusa uses probably 0% infill. That part is literally hollow inside, only external top and bottom layers.

https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/plastic-parts/1519-x-end-motor-idler-bl-mk3.html

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
BTW I don't know which infill % do you use, but Prusa uses probably 0% infill. That part is literally hollow inside, only external top and bottom layers.
Something to remember for the next time, these parts can be printed on any 3D printer, but in your case you didn’t have a usable second printer at the time, but if it had been me I’d have used 75% fill, because it’s not a part you’d wish to break to often..

Thanks for the link..;)

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anybody ordering a Prusa printer today we’ll have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for shipping, They’re backlogged with orders and the bottleneck seems to be the production of 3D printed parts, as every machine uses a lot of them,
Printing with minimal infill, a big nozzle (0.6 or more) and thick layers, one specific part can be printed in one hour, for instance, Instead, if you use 50% infill, a 0.4mm, nozzle and very thin layers you’d need three or more hours and the delay for shipping new orders would raise more and more. Luckily, they can’t go below 0% infill, or can they ?..:rolleyes:

When (if ? ) I get my printer fixed, then no more worries about 3D printed parts. 100% infill, 0.07mm,. layers ..and ten hours for printing the tiniest part.

BTW all these components are made from PETg filament. No PLA allowed here. Too brittle and it can’t stand at all high temperatures. ( Don’t bash me, is just Prusa saying.. :D)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I can say I know Feck all about Prusa printers because I am exceptionally ignorant of any of their models, I latched onto Creality very early on and am very happy with what they produce, 4 years on and still going strong..

The 3D printer market is changing all the time, but the availability of parts is just marvellous, mostly I have a few boxes of vital spare parts, just in case I get a breakdown and then don’t have to wait 4 weeks for delivery.

My two CR-10’s have been running 24 hours a day nonstop for the past few weeks, but yestarday I got a blockage in the nozzles and had to change them, they both had the same issue the same day, (Moisture related). Ten minute pit-stop..

I print with a point 5 nozzle with 215c heat and the bed at 45c, these setting seem to work fairly good because I seldom get any problems, and some of my prints take 75 hours to complete, my infill is anywhere between 10% and 40% depending on the part…

@Artur5 can you post up a picture of your new printer please, I want to see what I’m missing..

P.S. I need to be careful with my two printers because one is 12 volt and the other is 24 volt, other than that all the other parts are interchangeable..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
That 12V-24V thing is worrying. I understand now why you have replaced so many times the PSUs of your printers :hide

Prusa i3MK3S+ - Assembling in real time ( well.. almost :p )

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
That 12V-24V thing is worrying. I understand now why you have replaced so many times the PSUs of your printers :hide
I wish I knew, maybe you can explain it to me better, because I don’t have a Feckin clue..:idunno