3D Printed Cat Toy

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
LOL! She's actually pretty lazy and chill with it when she's in the house.

I think she saves her destructive side for when she's outside killing rats, birds, and lizards (all of which she's brought to us)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
she's outside killing rats, birds, and lizards

Found a good web site that identifies the many lizard types in your area. At first I thought they misspelled the name in Google and forgot a letter "e" at the end - Bay Area Herps.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Long-Story-Short:

Growing up I had gopher snakes and western fence lizards (we called them blue-bellies).

Then around the time I was 15, I never saw either anymore... but saw a huge influx of alligator lizards... which are more ugly and aggressive. Not dangerous, but if you get an adult cornered and try to pick it up, they may scare you with a bite that could barely pierce the skin a little.

Not sure if the first two species gone and the new species arrive were correlated / causational.

... then about 5 years ago I spotted a western fence lizard, then more the next year... to the point where they were ALL over the yard. Seems fewer alligator lizards as well. I was so happy about this!

But now we have the killer-cat that is decimating them all :(

So, we try to kick her out at night to kill rats, so she'll be sleepy during the day and leave birds and lizards alone!

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
That Feckin ball wouldn’t last Ted 5 seconds.. I’ve got Ted the Ball Terminator.:barnie

P.S. I can’t keep up with him, he can chew things faster than I can print them, this might give @Artur5 some ideas what to print next..:ep

Sorry @The Hat but my 3D printing 'baptism' has been delayed for some time.. :(

No need to elaborate, but fact is that the assembly of my kit didn't end up well.
I'm afraid it will have to be send back to the factory, properly assembled, tested and reshipped to me again.
A waste of time and money that could been avoided if I had ordered the printer already assembled.
To be honest, for a couple of days I thought of forgetting about 3D printing but another fact is that those last weeks I enjoyed playing with Openscad, Cura and other slicers so I decided to give it another try. You know, if Mark I fails, let's hope Mark II will be a success.
So, no toys for Ted by Easter 2021 but maybe for next Christmas.;)

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sorry @The Hat but my 3D printing 'baptism' has been delayed for some time..
I’m sorry to hear that @Artur5, but assembly of these Feckin things is not easy and patience is needed very badly, plus an online video can helps greatly, I only ever got one of my printers delivered fully assembled, (my first one)..

Maybe Mark ll will be better for you, it took me several long hours to assemble my CR-10, because the printed instruction didn’t translate very well and I was all fingers and tums, but it still worked when I turned the Feckin thing on..

Having my first little 3D printer helped in knowing where everything went..
P.S. Let’s hope it doesn’t turn into a Mark lll…

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I disassembled the machine to the last screw and I'm going to rebuild it again from scratch. Unfortunately, one of the 3D printed parts was damaged in the process and I had to order a new one. It's quite cheap but with Easter in the way, I suspect that it won't arrive until the end of next week ( hopefully). My luck is that it doesn't comes in the slow boat from China but by road from the Czech Republic. Nevertheless it's a long and winding road.. in every aspect.:rolleyes:

If I fail again, the chaps from Prusa told me that they will do it for a moderate cost ( the difference from the price that they charge for a printer ready to go and the unassembled kit).

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If I fail again, the chaps from Prusa told me that they will do it for a moderate cost
I reckon you’d have been better off starting your own thread for your new printer, because it might get lost here especially if you’re going to need lots of advice..

Welcome to the new 3D apprenticeship world, because your experience if not that uncommon but it all adds up to a good working relationship with your new printer, O’ and when you get stuck and need practical advice with OPENSCAD, @ninj is a great guy to turn too, he helped me quite a bit..
P.S. what part buggered up on you ?... Maybe someone can help..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
You're right. I shouldn't have interfered in this thread with my beginner misadventures.
Further rants and moans will be continued in the thread that I've started in the '3D design' subforum : 'longtime lurker willing to entre 3D'
Let's go back to cat toys..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
You're right. I shouldn't have interfered in this thread with my beginner misadventures.
OK then request our new moderator to move the few posts above over to your other thread:- “ Longtime lurker willing to enter 3D”
That should clean up everything..;)

"P.S. what part buggered up on you ?... Maybe someone can help.."

You never said which part..

Latest posts