Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The king's crown looks fantastic. :thumbsup

Enjoyed the story. Great pics in this thread but needs more Ted. :(

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
Thinking I had solved the problem, I quickly rebuilt the light using the existing column that withstood the wind, with a plastic build (Infill 90%) and slid the new section over the still standing column to a depth of 30cm, But again the wind found the weak spot and it snapped it off.. Mark 4…

How many perimeters do you use?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Straight from CURA.. Layer thickness .3mm.. Shell thickness .3mm..Layer height .3mm..
Fill Density on the old lamp was 90% and 35% 0n Johnny 5..

This will confuse the hell out of @stratman...:lol:

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
This will confuse the hell out of @stratman...
Just like Australian rules football. :hu

Who's this Johnny 5? I know Jonny Quest and my cousin Johnny. Is Johnny 5 some robot from Doctor Who?

Last edited:

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
Straight from CURA.. Layer thickness .3mm.. Shell thickness .3mm..Layer height .3mm..
Fill Density on the old lamp was 90% and 35% 0n Johnny 5..

This will confuse the hell out of @stratman...:lol:
I'm also a bit confused because I'm not a Cura user. I was after the number of perimeters or wall thickness. If that's really 0.3mm then it would be less than the normal 0.4 nozzle, so it probably means something else. Reason I asked, I remember seeing some strength testing and it turned out that increasing the number of perimeters was more effective than increasing the infill. Something like 4-6 perimeters (or >2mm) should be nice and strong.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Who's this Johnny 5? I know Jonny Quest and my cousin Johnny. Is Johnny 5 some robot from Doctor Who?
I have been calling the Mark 5 lamp standard Johnny 5 since its inception, so you must have been on holidays a long time..:hu
If that's really 0.3mm then it would be less than the normal 0.4 nozzle, so it probably means something else. Reason I asked, I remember seeing some strength testing and it turned out that increasing the number of perimeters was more effective than increasing the infill.
This is what I have and use and that’s it, but I’m quite happy with the results, if I could increase them more I would.. The more help the better..
Capture.JPG

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
Shell thickness looks good - 3mm (rather than 0.3mm), which makes good sense for your lamp.

Latest posts