3D.... 5 Lamps (Mark V)..!

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5150,Pro10s,Prui3Mk3s+
Straight from CURA.. Layer thickness .3mm.. Shell thickness .3mm..Layer height .3mm..
Fill Density on the old lamp was 90% and 35% 0n Johnny 5..

This will confuse the hell out of @stratman...:lol:
I don't know about @stratman, but you certainly confused me.
First of all, my slicer isn't Cura, I always use Prusa Slicer and probably those programs use different terms but, isn't layer height the same as layer thickness ? or do you mean horizontal width of the layer?.
Shell thickness = thickness of vertical walls or thickness of top and bottom walls ?

Did I succeed in feckin' confusing you ? :p

P.S:
90% of infill on the old lamp !!. No wonder you purchased filament by truckloads. :oops:

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I don't know about @stratman, but you certainly confused me.
I'm with you, brother. Even my The Hat Decoder Ring couldn't decipher it. Maybe it needs a BIOS update. o_O

I didn't understand a Feckin word he said. I believe the dialect is Hat-glish and is often heard at closing time in pubs and sometimes with home tipplers. :gig

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP3
Did I succeed in feckin' confusing you ?
Yes you Feckin did, because I use CURA all the time and still don’t understand most of it..
90% of infill on the old lamp !!. No wonder you purchased filament by truckloads.
No, the repairs to the Mark 3 were done at 90% to strengthen the centre column, and to turn it into the Mark 4, the rest of the lamp construction was at the usual 60%, but it failed too, now Johnny 5 is mostly done at 30 to 40%, and is still shining bright.. 35% lighter in weight than the previous models..

You never really know what’s going to work till you try it, the only regret I have with Johnny 5 is, I should have used white filament, because it doesn’t half got hot during the afternoons, otherwise I’m happy..

I believe the dialect is Hat-glish and is often heard at closing time
@Artur5, if we keep talking “Hat-glish”, that should make @stratman as jealous as hell…:barnie
P.S. I could always get out and paint the Feckin thing..:th