3D.... 5 Lamps (Mark V)..!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here is an date on my Mark v, she’s now complete except for a chain link between each arm back to the centre column, that’s still in the post.. I could have made the chain myself but it would take ages to join all the links together..

The time taken was approx.. 1282 hours/ about 53 days and the best part of 23 rolls were used, the total count was 22,665 gms.

The poor old printers were working almost non-stop for weeks on end, and today was the first time they weren’t running overnight.. And for that we've now got light in the garden..

P1010975.jpg P1010978.jpg click to enlarge..lamp5.jpg This was the old Mark lV
P.S. I noticed afterwards that the centre light was a bit too high, but I managed to reduce it down a bit by removing 17 cm without any problems..

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Looks great! :clap:thumbsup

I hope Buddha does a better job protecting this one. :fl

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Buddha once said...

"Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes."

@The Hat You have endured through storm and tempest and tasted final victory as the MKV has risen like a Phoenix. I admire your tenacity and I hope MKV will be there for many years to come.

Go n-eirí an t-ádh leat :thumbsup

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Great job. Your lamposts are the Eiffel towers of the 3D world. :)

BTW : The manufacturer of the filament used in your Mark I to V lamps should erect a tall column crowned by a gigantic green hat at the front of the factory. You probably duplicated by two their total sales. ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ou probably duplicated by two their total sales.
Tell me about it, I’ve just cleared my Amex statement and I am now broke, most of the filament came from Creality thankfully, otherwise I would have had to get a lend from house management to clear the bill…..

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I hear they were so impressed by your order that they sent a boatload as a gift but it got stuck in Suez :lol:

calfemen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e
I want to buy myself some beautiful accessories for the car, have any ideas?

Maryldeva

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i560
Well, I don't know if you have flags on your car, but if you have had them, I can give you some ideas. You can combine the useful with the favorite - that's a tall idea. I say this about installing a Solar Flag Pole Light on my track flag pole. Now I have a flag that gives more seriousness to the car, plus I have the Pole Light at night. I found it at https://www.amazon.com/Flagpole-Energy-Battery-Illumunation-Vont/dp/B00YBDA7DC/. I recommend giving it a try, it's an excellent idea, cheap and charming.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I recommend giving it a try, it's an excellent idea, cheap and charming.
Smashing idea but it wouldn't have enough power to light my 5 lamps for 12 hours a day..
--------------------------------------------------------

I was in a hurry to finished building Johnny 5, for no other reason other than to get the Feckin thing done, it seem to drag on for months and was a constant drain on my limited finances.

I went cheaper on just about every part and saved about 15% on filament usage overall, resulting in it not looking as good and lavish as the previous lamps, Mark 3 and four were far better looking, so I decide to jazz up the light crowns a bit on Johnny 5.

I used designs from some of the previous crowns and came up with this idea, it fits (Squeezed) over the knob of the existing crown and is also made a bit lighter but looks just as good from the ground..

Two lights2.jpg Two lights3.jpg

And before someone asks, no Johnny 5 won’t fall over, because its better built than the previous models, plus I’ve made it in such a way that parts are replaceable without the need to rebuild the whole structure again, if any one piece should break off.

The build history:- (Boring, boring) I was stupid to think that just plastic could withstand the winds alone without some help, so it blew over very quickly (Broke at the bottom) Mark 1..

A quick rethink and I use a 50mm steel pole bolted into a concrete base and filled the column with cement up to 1.75 metres, but the wind snapped the bolts out of the cement base at the bottom again.. Mark 2..

This time I use a longer pole that was set in 60 cm of concrete down in the ground, and the column filled to a height of 1.75 metres with concrete, but once again underestimating the strength of the wind, it snapped the column off this time where the pole and concrete ended.. Mark 3..

Thinking I had solved the problem, I quickly rebuilt the light using the existing column that withstood the wind, with a plastic build (Infill 90%) and slid the new section over the still standing column to a depth of 30cm, But again the wind found the weak spot and it snapped it off.. Mark 4…

And finally to Mark 5, but this is where the story ends, even if Johnny 5 gets struck with lighting, (Unlikely) I may have to replace a small piece but that’s it, (5 is alive)..:plbb

Two lights.jpg