2Manuals and SSC : Lights are on... Nobody home?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
mikling said:
OK, here is the file for the reset waste ink counter current as of today. This is to be used only when the counter has come to the limit and not before.

http://rapidshare.com/files/199766310/epson12462.exe

Try it.
That's interesting... This one is exactly the same as the one that was downloaded for the R340... I wonder if there's a single resetter for ALL North American models?

I'll give this is a shot now with the C86 and D88 I have :)

Much appreciate Mikling...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Right... Tried on the two models that I have available at home..

The D88... didn't recognise the printer as valid which isn't surprising given the D' model type (US models are C's)
The C86 on the other hand was recognised and the software reported that no service was currently required.

So, it seems this may well work for other C, CX, R and other printers where the model numbers are the same as North American systems.

Worth knowing.

Thanks for the help.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a single program where the models are hardcoded into the application. It is periodically updated to include newer models BUT it appears the filename remains the same. Odd that they would do something like that. What is hardcoded is hard to determine as it is possible that more models are included than what the dropdown list shows but if you have serial number you can continue to use that to download the utility directly as it is updated.

No I haven't tried with each model but having tried about 4 or 5 models and the same program domes down I make that conclusion with a potential or admission that there could be another program for a model that I didn't try.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
mikling said:
Yes, it is a single program where the models are hardcoded into the application. It is periodically updated to include newer models BUT it appears the filename remains the same. Odd that they would do something like that.
Yeah.. I'm a little surprised to be honest...

I had expected them to play silly sods as before but this makes life incredibly easy for some of the printers.

What is hardcoded is hard to determine as it is possible that more models are included than what the dropdown list shows but if you have serial number you can continue to use that to download the utility directly as it is updated.
Yeah... at present I have no serial number so that's a no-go but I may get someone to invest in a US model spares & repair at some point just for that :)

No I haven't tried with each model but having tried about 4 or 5 models and the same program domes down I make that conclusion with a potential or admission that there could be another program for a model that I didn't try.
Yeah... The only reason I wondered if there was more than one was because there's some models where the form redirects you to another site to do the download.

I'll update if I find out anything else though...

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Email sent with a special number

It's an Epson I put to rest with my screwdriver and pliers and finally with my hammer.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
mikling said:
Email sent with a special number

It's an Epson I put to rest with my screwdriver and pliers and finally with my hammer.
Ooh... Stress relief provided by Epson :D

I bet you fixed that printer good an' proper ;)

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Off it went

380.jpg

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I can imagine the phone call to tech support..

M: My printer is not working anymore
Tech: Ok... Has the printer shown any error message

M: No...
Tech: Can you tell me when the printer last worked?

M: Well, about 2 weeks before I started hitting with a hammer
Tech: ??????????????!!!!

:D

What model is that thing anyway?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
It's an R380. If you think I kept the head you're wrong. I've never seen the head of an Epson actually fail. That's not to say that it doesn't happen but it is so rare for failure by this mode, it is not worth keeping. I only kept the waste ink pad, LCD panels and some silicone tubing. The tubing is ideal for clearing clogs. With this generation, I've not seen a clog that doesn't clear up after one clean or two cleans.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
mikling said:
With this generation, I've not seen a clog that doesn't clear up after one clean or two cleans.
Really?

That's interesting... Do you think it's a change in the printhead design, materials, etc.. or in the ink then?...