2Manuals and SSC : Lights are on... Nobody home?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I don't know if anyone on here knows who is running or responsible for these sites but does anyone know any current contact info for the 2Manuals site or the authors of the SSC utility?

I've tried getting through to both with some pretty important suggestions and/or questions and received null response.

2Manuals seems to be basically a case of taking the money and ignoring the contact form, while SSC just seems to be dead as a project.

Any info? Conspiracy theories? :p:/

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
SSC does have some use for some older Epsons. It appears that current Epson technology provides a wall that SSC cannot scale. If you are seeking reset programs for waste ink counters, Epson USA provides that directly to consumers on their web site. At least a few months ago they did. You might need to dig a bit.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
mikling said:
SSC does have some use for some older Epsons. It appears that current Epson technology provides a wall that SSC cannot scale.
Really? Can you provide any clues as to how they've done that or where you heard that from?

If you are seeking reset programs for waste ink counters, Epson USA provides that directly to consumers on their web site. At least a few months ago they did. You might need to dig a bit.
Yeah... the US and Canada are fine and peachy in that department but unfortunately, here in the UK and beyond there's no such luck.. Epson are not letting that go without a fight it seems.

Trying to use the US utils may be an option if anyone shares but I have my doubts as it hasn't happened yet and the models number differences will likely just kill that idea dead anyway. Thanks anyways...

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
In each newer version of SSC through the years you might have noticed that they were unable to accomplish all the features that the older ones could with the newer printers. If you sift through the forums on SSC and interpret some responses, you can infer something.

Maybe the simpler fight is to import North American models to use in the UK? No?

Have you tried the North American utility? The same application is used across various models, maybe it is coded for EU models as well just not stated.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
mikling said:
In each newer version of SSC through the years you might have noticed that they were unable to accomplish all the features that the older ones could with the newer printers. If you sift through the forums on SSC and interpret some responses, you can infer something.
Yeah, I'd noticed that there's been no response from SSC in quite some time. Does seem odd that they've just let it die on the vine, so's to speak, though.

Maybe the simpler fight is to import North American models to use in the UK? No?
You'd think wouldn't you... but with Epson starting to use are specific models for cartridges as well (or at least that's what I've been hearing) that makes it even more difficult to supply consumables although I'd rather avoid the whole mess anyway.

Have you tried the North American utility? The same application is used across various models, maybe it is coded for EU models as well just not stated.
I managed to get hold of a util for a model printer that I don't have but even getting that required a lot of work. If I could get one for a C84 or C88 I could test the theory as I have those models but at present it's something not many folks are even bothering with or are aware of.

If you've got any suggestions on the above I'd be interested though.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Which model are you interested in? Is it the waste ink tank reset you're interested in?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
mikling said:
Which model are you interested in? Is it the waste ink tank reset you're interested in?
For testing purposes I'd like to get hold of the C88 model reset from the Epson site.

As for the rest any reset at all for the R1900 and R2880 or the newest (pre SX/DX models like the R385).

If you prefer feel free to go to email

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
mikling said:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp

is strictly for the waste ink reset. It is not the Epson service utility which is far more powerful and potentially dangerous to the unqualified user.
Think I've mentioned this before but that is strictly North American models only. Without a serial number, originating from the USA, of the model you want to reset, you can forget it.

... Folks in the UK and elsewhere are out of luck.. hence the query about SSC and 2Manuals... That's what I'm left with.