You know you're a printer addict when...

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I rather would propose to print the Picture of the Week , large and small, with different inks, B/W and in color, on different papers, with different printers, making a spreadsheet and make a poll with several people to get a qualified opinion which version looks the best.....

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I think I got a serious case of inktitis, I got a delivery today of a bottle set from China of an ink claimed to be compatible with the Ultrachrome D6 dye inks used in the Surelab photo finishing printers D700 and D3000, and I got a bottle of a Lyson photo black pigment ink claimed to be compatible with the new HD inks of the P600/800, and I just got an ink set EV6 dye from precision colors claimed to have a much improved longevity over other dye inks - all to be tested in the sun or whatever autumn weather will develop ...puuuh - no more inks...

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm looking for an app which tells me my daily ink consumption...

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880

Weekly occurrence at your local health centre meetings:

"Good evening, My name is <insert username>, and I am a printer addict"

rs

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model

The men in white coats who restrain you, and take you away in the secure vehicle do not listen when you scream, "I'm not insane, I'm a printer addict"

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
One of the places that one really stands out like a sore thumb is in a Camera Club.....just stand up and say "Good evening, my name is (insert) I am a print addict and I use 3rd party ink and refill my own carts" then just sit down.
The reaction is classic and well worth the risks....

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model

Before joini
One of the places that one really stands out like a sore thumb is in a Camera Club.....just stand up and say "Good evening, my name is (insert) I am a print addict and I use 3rd party ink and refill my own carts" then just sit down.

Ain't that the truth. I still have the scars from trying to evangelize refilling to the non believers a few years back.

We also have a severe drop in entries into club print competitions because very few members print any more.

Complexity and high cost are cited as reasons for not printing. Both points can be resolved with a sensible refill procedure.

rs

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
only worth the risk if you live in OZ - where the gun laws are much more restrictive (and sane) than the US.