Wrong Delivery of OCP K3 pigment ink: LLB bottle filled with PK ink

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
After some corresponce with a german member of nifty-stuff.com I decided to give a try of the OCP pigment in, which seems to pretty good based on the prints I received from him. So about less than 2 weeks ago, I placed an order at www.octopus-office.de for a set of OCP K3 compatible ink. Yesterday I swapped my Epson Pro 3800 refillable cartridges with this ink and decided to gave it a try...and the results were rather dark, too dark....So I decided to make a profile for one paper and despite the rather good result I discovered there was an vertical banding in the grey area's with funny artifacts and when I had a look at the nozzle check I saw this:

2251_ocp_k3_bottles-brd.jpg

2251_ocp_wrong_llb_ink-brd.jpg

2251_nozzle_check_epson_pro_3800_ocp_wrong-brd.jpg

So I contacted Octopus-Office.de and I hope they will send me a new bottle of the LLB ink to me as soon as possible :rolleyes:.

FussyBob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
In the US the OCP supplier repackages the inks into smaller bottles from very large containers and mistakes have happened. I'm assuming you had the same problem as the bottle labels are not from OCP.

Wating for the OCP ink review.

Bob P.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Well did you get the inks replaced, did they sent you new ink?
I contacted www.octopus-office.de with question about brother ink because OCP lists black ink as pigment, InkTec as Dye ink.
So far 3 days later no reply from them, re-sent email from another mailbox not gmail, strange that they don't respond for so long.

Perhaps you know better bulk ink shops in germany?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Smile,

Yes they did and send me 3 new bottles for free and their apologies for the mistake. The service is really excellent. I am currently having some issue with the magenta ink, which tends to be very poor in performance, causing the gamut being reduced significantly. I am now in contact with octopus-office.de how to solve this issue.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I received the Octopus-office shipment today.
I ordered 2-sets of 4 carts for my printer, they were out of stock.

And Octopus-office sent me 4 cartridges that are like the image on their site, and another 4 that are "cheap imitation" - no float mechanism to indicate low ink for the printer ink monitor.
As this Brother printer MFC-5895CW can sense ink by using optical sensor the float mechanism allows it to know if ink i running low. The nice thing is that since the cartridges are large you can still use the ink monitoring with all ink the cartridge no need to reset anything.

Well that is true except 4 cartridges does not have this mechanism. I have sent Octopus-office with photo explaining that I expect the cartridges to be identical like shown on their website and to properly sense the ink low condition.

The cartridges were packed in a paper box, the ink plugs are not installed and you guess how strange that is because dust and other pollutants can get into the cartridge.
I had to wash the with distilled water, I have placed cartridges to dry, and will test the ink tomorrow.

All other items seem to be OK :) the shipping packaging is also OK they added allot of paper into the box so the bottles would not move while shipping :)

FussyBob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Smile said:
I received the OCP shipment today.
I ordered 2-sets of 4 carts for my printer, they were out of stock.

And OCP sent me 4 cartridges that are like the image on their site, and another 4 that are "cheap imitation" - no float mechanism to indicate low ink for the printer ink monitor.
As this Brother printer MFC-5895CW can sense ink by using optical sensor the float mechanism allows it to know if ink i running low. The nice thing is that since the cartridges are large you can still use the ink monitoring with all ink the cartridge no need to reset anything.

Well that is true except 4 cartridges does not have this mechanism. I have send OCP with photo explaining that I expect the cartridges to be identical like shown on their website and to properly sense the ink low condition.

The cartridges were packed in a paper box, the ink plugs are not installed and you guess how strange that is because dust and other pollutants can get into the cartridge.
I had to wash the with distilled water, I have placed cartridges to dry, and will test the ink tomorrow.

All other items seem to be OK :) the shipping packaging is also OK they added allot of paper into the box so the bottles would not move while shipping :)

[url]http://s18.postimage.org/p4xg2vk05/LC1100.jpg[/url]
I think that you should state that Octopus (if you did buy from them according to the photo) sent you the different cartridges, your post puts the blame on OCP and that is not so.

Bob P.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
FussyBob said:
I think that you should state that Octopus (if you did buy from them according to the photo) sent you the different cartridges, your post puts the blame on OCP and that is not so.
Now why I should not blame OCP? They decided to include cartridges that are not the same as their older stock.
If you search for LC1100 carts you can't even find any cartridges that look like the "cheap imitation" they sent me, and there is also a site that has a topic on this too.
They clearly state that some cheap carts does not even have valves so when you install it you can't remove or ink will leak out.

OCP = German Quality, so they should not sell cheap stuff that cheap by even ebay standards.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Smile, did you order from OCP or Octopus? They are two different entities. OCP makes ink etc & Octopus is an online store for refilling products & that's Bobs point.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
rodbam said:
Smile, did you order from OCP or Octopus? They are two different entities. OCP makes ink etc & Octopus is an online store for refilling products & that's Bobs point.
Thanks for clearing that out, yes I bought from Octopus-office not OCP. I edited my initial post.
I should have said "Octopus-office = German Quality?", so they should not sell cheap stuff that cheap by even ebay standards.