With 3D printing the grass never grows under your feet…

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
Since you upgraded the thermistor and heater block it might be that your temperature reading is now inaccurate, especially if the thermistor setting in firmware no longer corresponds to the thermistor installed. You might be printing too hot or too cold without realising it. If the old thermistor is still OK, try putting it back. You might also try a PID calibration. But if it's a different type of thermistor you'll need to set that in configuration.h and reflash the firmware.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
if it Ain’t broke, just wait a bit..
Ya, that's been a big part of why I avoid a lot of stuff that might be "better" since I'm not confident in my ability to not make things worse! LOL!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I went back at my 3D print issue today and tried increasing my extrusion by 5% in the CURA slicer and when it was finished printing it had made no difference, so I tried it on my other CR-10 with the normal extrusion and it was perfect.
new 3.jpg Other CR-10 new 4.jpg
So I had another go but this time increased the extrusion again to 105% in the printer itself and not the slicer, and things came out far far better, so thanks to you guys for the correct suggestion and getting me back to my evil printing ways..
Without Brim new 2.jpg and with brim.. new 1.jpg

I need this CR-10s for printing my Christmas Calendar because it can print multi-colour filament by just pausing it to change colours, but my old CR-10 has a software bug in the firmware that won’t allow any pausing during printing, including filament change.

P.S. It’s amazing how much you can forget when you have a 3D print problem, because it’s been so long since I had any issues that I’d forgotten just about everything, but I knew this was going to be easy to fix with all the help you guys give me..

A big Thanks again..:hugs This place is Feckin marvellous...:celebrate

Latest posts