With 3D printing the grass never grows under your feet…

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
No sooner had I finished the Lamp standard, house management wanted a pot stand, so I set about obliging her, I've got to keep her on my good side, she seems happy with it…
P.S. Wedding Anniversary this Thursday.. :hide

potstand.jpg click to enlarge..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You've done good! :woot

The lovely Mrs. The Hat will keep you another week. :fl

Happy wedding anniversary, my friend. You are a lucky man! :ya:clap:hugs

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Very nice!

Just remind everyone to let the pot fully cool before stacking, or you could end up with a Leaning Tower of Pisa Pots

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Congrats. to Mrs and Mr @The Hat :)

P.S.
PLA filament is a bad choice if you want heat endurance and impact resistance. ..but it's the perfect choice if you have plenty of PLA and nothing else available. :hide

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
PLA filament is a bad choice if you want heat endurance and impact resistance
When I get the best results from PLA every time why change, because some of the other filament materials are so hit and miss with me, it’s just not worth the time trying and trying to make them do what the PLA does first time….

P.S. And it wouldn’t have made any difference to the standard lamp using other materials . It was a PEBKAC fault… :hide

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
After my Marathon print session on the standard lamp project, I got a chance to completely service and add new parts to my CR-10s, and now she won’t print a Feckin thing properly.

Each print I try with different setting comes out looking like a darn wicker basket, all stringy on both the horizontally and vertically, I tried different heat setting but got the same results, it sticks to the hot bed no problem.. Ideas ?....

Untitled-1.jpg Two Pics in one... Click to enlarge..

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it does look like underextrusion. @The Hat did you replace extruder components (eg the gear)? It may be worth recalibrating your e-steps if you haven't already done that.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Every time I've had that happen, it's been due to under extrusion.
It may be worth recalibrating your e-steps
I have tried several things already that didn’t work, so the more suggestion I get the better, I upgraded the fans, heater block, thermistor, radiator, Bowden tube and brass nozzle but I never touched the extruder motor or gears and assumed everything was alright there !..

I’ll have a look at the extruder tomorrow and see if there is an issue with the motor or the speed its set too.. It will all be guess work… Thanks guys..
P.S. It’s always the Feckin same, the printer was going grand till I did some maintenance on it and balls everything up.. if it Ain’t broke, just wait a bit..