Windows IPP Class printer drivers

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There is a pretty fundamental change coming up for printer drivers over the next years for Windows users, and I only would recommend that Windows users become familiar with the changes. Since there is plenty information available on the internet already I'm just posting one link here describing some of the issues. About every Windows user will most likley be affected - sooner or later - one way or the other

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-3rd-party-printer-drivers-in-windows-update/

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
every Windows user will most likley be affected - sooner or later - one way or the other
Thanks Ink stained Fingers

I have already felt the Windows changes when I installed an old OKI printer earlier this year, it work perfect with the installed drivers from the CD, but when we upgraded to Win 10, it wouldn’t work, I had to use a Windows generic driver instead with only half the functions..

Epson scanner drivers were knocked out also, VueScan drivers works ok but funny enough my Canon printers weren’t effected, this time..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I guess that the wisest thing (and what I intend to do) is to keep the current drivers, as long as they work fine, disregarding future drivers, as most people here do with firmware upgrades. Every now and then I got a message on the screen of my Maxify telling me that new firmware is available on the server. I just click OK and ignore the "advice".

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550