Windows 11 Coming

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You couldn’t pay me to watch those Feckin videos..
What if I told you there were 3D printers... naked... would you watch then??? o_O:gig

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What if I told you there were 3D printers... naked... would you watch then??? o_O
Still not biting, because MS don’t make an O/S for 3D printers, thankfully..:ya

Most of these videos are about guys who are trying to stick it to MS and pulling a fast one to get the O/S free, yes some of their methods do work some of the time, but I prefer it to work all of the time. I’ll pay for my own lunch.

If they want to push a broken car uphill just to come down again faster means all that energy could have been use more productively somewhere else, but these die hards never learn, with some of them still Kerfuffling around with Win95. Ouch..:smack

As previous I’ll wait and see what’s coming down the tracks before making any decisions, as I did with Win10, with some guys reacting like it’s the millennium bug coming back, but its only MS attempts to make a true standalone 64 bit system.. And most likely failing again..

P.S. I watch very, very few 3D videos.. I much prefer to read their instructions..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
@stratman and his obsession for 3D printers ..:p

Do you know why Windows 8 was replaced by Windows 8.1 and then it came Windows 10, skipping Windows 9 ?.
I heard it’s because of the Chinese. Number nine means bad luck for them, as well as number four. Same reason why Windows 3.1 wasn’t replaced by Windows 4 but by Windows 95.

Do you think that’s true or just a crappy urban legend, like the spinach being rich in iron salts ?. :rolleyes:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
pulling a fast one to get the O/S free
You already paid for your lunch. Windows 11 is free if you have the proper Windows OS version installed. It is the hardware requirements that may be an issue.

some of their methods do work some of the time
Yes, this remains to be seen.

The point is that the belly aching about computers that do not meet the current minimum hardware requirements may be vapor. If there is a way to surmount TPM, Secure Boot and other hardware issues as demonstrated in the video above then you can bet someone will create a file that will automate the workaround for installation.

MS attempts to make a true standalone 64 bit system.. And most likely failing again..
I've heard MS has stopped selling 32 bit licenses to big boy computer builders like Dell. Software developers will eventually code only in 64 bit. You will keep a computer to run your legacy 32 bit apps. Maybe someone will write code to port some 32 bit apps to run on your spiffy new all 64 bit puter or create an emulator, like was done with legacy Commodore 64 games.

Unless the hardware requirements change in my favor, I'll be waiting until after I build my new computer to install Windows 11. :)

P.S. I watch very, very few 3D videos..
I didn't know that. :lol:

Thanks for being a good sport. :hugs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Windows 3.1 wasn’t replaced by Windows 4 but by Windows 95
I don't know. Maybe it was because DOS 4.x was rotten and "4" was verboten. Maybe because Win 95 was a complete rewrite that booted without loading DOS first like Win 3.1 did. Also, Win 95 was released in 1995.

This shift in naming happened again with Win 2000 that succeeded Win NT4 in, you guessed it, the year 2000.

Awesome quote:

Windows 95 has also been described as "32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1-bit of competition".

https://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Windows+4

spinach being rich in iron salts ?
"100g of spinach contains 2.7 mg of iron versus 2.6 mg found in 100g of meat. But the difference is that iron from animal foods has a higher absorption in the body than the iron from plant/vegetables sources."

https://www.nestle-family.com/en/mythbusters/spinach-contains-more-iron-meat

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
spinachI didn't know that. :lol:
Thanks for being a good sport. :hugs
I try to avoid videos like the coron virus, they probably would put me to sleep watching anyway..
Unless the hardware requirements change in my favor, I'll be waiting until after I build my new computer to install Windows 11.
It probably will be easier to fly to the moon than to get a good stable version of Win 11 first time out, and it will take another 5 years before all the bugs are ironed out, so plenty of time to build your super computer.

Our current big 18 core beast has many 3D printed parts in it, and I reckon the next one will have even more, so 3D printers do come in very handy when building or upgrading the home PC..

As you like watching videos @stratman you could build on an extension to your home with this,
then add in all the 3D printers you ever wanted..

P.S. It’s not my video… https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/3d-printed-house-in-copenhagen.11916/post-101931
O' and I hate spinach too...:sick

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I try to avoid videos
I've known your avoidance of videos for a long time. I still post 'em, like you keep talking me up about 3D printers. It's all in fun. :pop

I hate spinach too
No one cares, Popeye. :lol:

2-4-POPEYE-THE-SAILOR-MAN-SMOKING-STYLE-Figure-GREEN-HAT.jpg

I can't believe I found Popeye with a green hat. It's true - you can find everything on the internets.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
like you keep talking me up about 3D printers. It's all in fun.
I know you don’t have the room for a 3D printer, but it still doesn’t stop you wanting one, or two or three… Or:hugs
I can't believe I found Popeye with a green hat. It's true - you can find everything on the internets.
He looks just like my Dad...:lol:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I now have reason to doubt that.

The following video details, quite humorously at times, how to install Windows 11 in a notebook that was identified as unsuitable for Windows 11 installation:

• 32 bit architecture
  • 1 GB RAM
  • No TPM
  • No Secure Boot
Despite all these installation killers, the guy in the video is able to do a couple brilliant workarounds and installs Windows 11. There's even a workaround for MBR vs GPT for @bluestang.

The first ~5 minutes are the workarounds. Then it's a lot of Waiting For Godot because of the crawling 5400 RPM notebook harddrive. Then at ~14:30 he decides to clone the slow drive onto an SSD drive he pulls from his Windows 95 machine!!! and everything goes smoothly and quickly.

While I know @The Hat will want to watch every second of the video, others can skip from the ~5:00 mark to the ~14:30 mark and not miss anything essential.

Good video showing that M$ could make better OS but instead they want to be money laundering as always. Get better PC for our new OS because of artificial limitations.

The non sheep buyer would think that a new PC will run Windows 11, but Windows 7 will run lightning fast. Then what's the point in Win11? does not run without SDD?