3D printed house in Copenhagen

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I just noticed in the free and ad sponsored newspaper "Metroxpress" that the construction of a 3D printed house has begun in Copenhagen. It is claimed to be the first of its kind in Europe. Here is the clip from the newspaper:

3D house.jpg

Here is a translation of the headline and the text:
Europe's first 3D-printed building is being built.

Nordhavn.
The 3D Printhouse invited yesterday to an open house event at a building site in Nordhavn, on the occasion of that Europe's first 3D-printed building, named The BOD now has to be built on Danish soil. Apart from the big building that takes place in a tent, the visitors could take a look outside where among other 3D models were the world's tallest building and a small model of Linse Kessler.

Nordhavn = The Northern Harbour. BOD = Building On Demand.

I wonder about the strength of the walls as no rebars are being used and how about bonding between the layers of concrete ?

The area of the building is approximately 50 square metres or approximately 532 square feet.

Here is the website of the building company

Last edited:

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I just noticed in the free and ad sponsored newspaper "Metroxpress" that the construction of a 3D printed house has begun in Copenhagen. It is claimed to be the first of its kind in Europe. Here is the clip from the newspaper:

View attachment 6038

Here is a translation of the headline and the text:

Nordhavn = The Northern Harbour. BOD = Building On Demand.

I wonder about the strength of the walls as no rebars are being used and how about bonding between the layers of concrete ?

The area of the building is approximately 50 square metres or approximately 532 square feet.

Here is the website of the building company

Maybe the future is conventional outer structure with wiring utilities etc, and then inner divisions and walls 3D printed to owners preferences. Less need for weatherproof and structural integrity this way.

Lots of business potential for the Nordic giants like Ikea and Lego to branch into new markets.

Can't you see the Ikea ads - Not only can you now buy and install their fully modular kitchens, but 3D print the perimeter walls, closets and working surfaces.

Also depending on final cost could be useful for quick utility accommodation after Hurricanes and earthquakes etc.

I think this could be huge, but just my opinion.

rs

apetitphoto

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
Can't you see the Ikea ads - Not only can you now buy and install their fully modular kitchens, but 3D print the perimeter walls, closets and working surfaces.
Yeah, but you've still got to assemble the printer with that silly tool... :fl

Amas

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
lulzbot 3D
never imagine this would happen someday :)

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Reminds me of the dome houses that were built on a plastic bubble that they poured the concrete on and then inflated it. https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/bubble-houses/

Never took off... I wonder why...

I once built a geodesic dome as a cabin by a lake. With the door open, the acoustics in it were almost magical. Sound came in the door and reflected off the walls, so when the breeze changed a bit, the nodal points of sound would move around. With your eyes closed it was like sleeping on a raft. Once a bat flew in and could not escape so it flew around and around for quite awhile till I guided it out.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3