white streaks/stripes in black ink

tristano

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma ix6850
Hi there everybody,

So i recently bought a canon pixma 6850. the first time printing it went good. I had full vector images in complete black (see pictures) but my black and white pictures had some horizontal streaks. So i did a nozzle check since i saw online that you should that, but after the nozzle check the stripes become worse.

what i've done today is the following:

- manually cleaning the print head 3x
- deep clean the print head 3x with the computer
- change cartridges
- multiple alignments
- multiple nozzle checks
- roller cleaning.

after all this my black images and now also my vector images come with stripes.

what can i do to prefend this?

hope somebody can help.

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 198
  • forum 2.png
    forum 2.png
    931.8 KB · Views: 179
  • forum.png
    forum.png
    726.2 KB · Views: 202

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, tristano.

1) Is the printer brand new, never used or did you purchase it used?

Are you using OEM Canon ink cartridges, aftermarket cartridges or refilling?

3) Did the printer ever function properly or was there always a problem?

4) Please print a nozzle check and post here. Make sure nothing is printed on the backside. If you do not have a scanner then make sure picture is taken in bright lighting and there are no shadows over the image.

Do not print anything else than nozzle checks till this gets figured out.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
hope somebody can help.
It’s most likely that one or more of your carts are not supplying sufficient ink to the print head, so please post up your latest nozzle check,..
Now for some corrections.

what i've done today is the following:

1- manually cleaning the print head 3x
2- deep clean the print head 3x with the computer
3- change cartridges
4- multiple alignments
5- multiple nozzle checks
6- roller cleaning.
(1)...No that’s not recommended, let the printer do the cleaning.
(2)... Preform only one Deep head clean, because that in itself can make matters worse..
(3)... That’s your best bet..
(4)... Head Alignments are a good thing in themselves but won’t help with missing image..
(4)... Nozzle checks are useful to diagnose and prevent print issues especially at start-up..
(5)...This is only useful if you have ink stains on the back of your printed sheets..

tristano

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma ix6850
Welcome to the forum, tristano. thanks!

1) Is the printer brand new, never used or did you purchase it used? brand new

Are you using OEM Canon ink cartridges, aftermarket cartridges or refilling? oem

3) Did the printer ever function properly or was there always a problem? work properly

4) Please print a nozzle check and post here. Make sure nothing is printed on the backside. If you do not have a scanner then make sure picture is taken in bright lighting and there are no shadows over the image. If you look closely you see a small stripe in the black or the pgbk stripe. in the attachment

Do not print anything else than nozzle checks till this gets figured out.

Attachments

• 24A2A71E-46BB-4493-B838-DCD1BEA574F8.png
    24A2A71E-46BB-4493-B838-DCD1BEA574F8.png
    339 KB · Views: 220
  • BA100F1B-83B6-428C-89BC-C7D9C147A4C7.jpeg
    BA100F1B-83B6-428C-89BC-C7D9C147A4C7.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 229
  • E0A32E9C-B8DA-4383-B318-13003FD4486D.jpeg
    E0A32E9C-B8DA-4383-B318-13003FD4486D.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 214

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank for the nozzle check.

In you first post there was banding before the nozzle check that worsened after the nozzle check.

Your actual nozzle checks seems to have a banding issue in the vertical black bar of the Pigment Black section. I would not have seen that if you hadn't magnified that portion. Everything else seems to be good.

The banding (no missing ink) can be from choice of paper and paper setting for the ink used. It can also be due to an electrical failure of the print head +/- the logic assay board.

However the missing ink in a repetitive straight line of identical proportions is an electrical failure and is irreparable.

The printer is brand new and still under warranty. Call Canon technical support today. You paid for the warranty and Canon should do its part now.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You could try cleaning this timing wheel, its located on the right hand side of the carriageway, this wheel controls the paper timing and movement..

Question:- what App are you printing from..

5128_paper_wheel.png

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You could try
Totally disagree. This is a new printer and should not have any issue, including the timing wheel.

You want him to not only forgo warranty service but possibly negate his warranty by potentially damaging something?

If the printer is under warranty then this is route to go.

PS Nothing wrong trying a different paper and app.

tristano

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma ix6850
It’s most likely that one or more of your carts are not supplying sufficient ink to the print head, so please post up your latest nozzle check,..
Now for some corrections.

(1)...No that’s not recommended, let the printer do the cleaning.
(2)... Preform only one Deep head clean, because that in itself can make matters worse..
(3)... That’s your best bet..
(4)... Head Alignments are a good thing in themselves but won’t help with missing image..
(4)... Nozzle checks are useful to diagnose and prevent print issues especially at start-up..
(5)...This is only useful if you have ink stains on the back of your printed sheets..
Thank for the nozzle check.

In you first post there was banding before the nozzle check that worsened after the nozzle check.

Your actual nozzle checks seems to have a banding issue in the vertical black bar of the Pigment Black section. I would not have seen that if you hadn't magnified that portion. Everything else seems to be good.

The banding (no missing ink) can be from choice of paper and paper setting for the ink used. It can also be due to an electrical failure of the print head +/- the logic assay board.

However the missing ink in a repetitive straight line of identical proportions is an electrical failure and is irreparable.

The printer is brand new and still under warranty. Call Canon technical support today. You paid for the warranty and Canon should do its part now.
Thanks a lot!! I’ll first try the paper change and settings but i am afraid i have to go bring it to a technician. Unfortunatly it is shipped here so don’t think i have warranty.

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
Reset the printer to factory settings. Than do again a automatic printhead alignment. Normally the more alignments you make the worse it’s getting.
Hopefully the reset deletes also alignment settings.

Last edited: