Which printserver for Canon MP830 multifunctional ?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hello everybody,

Got my MX850 today and just tested the scanning facilities. In one way: just fantastic !!! The so-called problem with the CIS versus CCD scanner is almost none. I tested with the same book and look at the area where the letters are curving towards the inner side of the book and I could not see any noticable differences and everything seems to be very sharp. The MP780 is still slightly better because of the CCD technology, but in real life the differences are hardly noticable.

The print quality is noticable better and rivals that of my Canon i9950 printer and this without the use photo magenta and photo cyan. The IP4500 printhead produces exceptionally good photo printing quality. Now I understand why Canon is dropping the photo colours in its latest lines of printers: they become obsolete due to the 1 pl @ 9600x4800 dip printing resolution (see Canon MP970 (CcMmYK 6 colour printing) versus the Canon MP980 (CMYKG 5 colour printing with extra photo grey)). You can actually see 3 tones of magenta and 3 tones of cyan mimicking the photo colours seen on printers like the IP6600D on the nozzle check printing

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
How is the MX850 duplex ADF scan, copy and print?

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
Hello everybody,

Got my MX850 today and just tested the scanning facilities. In one way: just fantastic !!! The so-called problem with the CIS versus CCD scanner is almost none. I tested with the same book and look at the area where the letters are curving towards the inner side of the book and I could not see any noticable differences and everything seems to be very sharp. The MP780 is still slightly better because of the CCD technology, but in real life the differences are hardly noticable.

The print quality is noticable better and rivals that of my Canon i9950 printer and this without the use photo magenta and photo cyan. The IP4500 printhead produces exceptionally good photo printing quality. Now I understand why Canon is dropping the photo colours in its latest lines of printers: they become obsolete due to the 1 pl @ 9600x4800 dip printing resolution (see Canon MP970 (CcMmYK 6 colour printing) versus the Canon MP980 (CMYKG 5 colour printing with extra photo grey)). You can actually see 3 tones of magenta and 3 tones of cyan mimicking the photo colours seen on printers like the IP6600D on the nozzle check printing
Sounds like you have a winner :)