Which office printer has the cheapest cartridges?

bozmeister

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I work in a small office in the UK and i have been tasked to buy a laser printer with the cheapest cartridges. We don't mind paying 200 - 300 for the laser printer if the cartridges are going to be inexpensive. Or at least the cheapest of all the other brands of printer.

The print outs will be generally letters documents, spreadsheets etc so the image quality doe snot have to be amazing.

The printer will have to print out fast and print out a lot of copies Can anyone help or has experience in this field? I've heard that Epsom have one of the cheapest cartridge refills?

Thanks in advance!!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
bozmeister said:
I work in a small office in the UK and i have been tasked to buy a laser printer with the cheapest cartridges. We don't mind paying 200 - 300 for the laser printer if the cartridges are going to be inexpensive. Or at least the cheapest of all the other brands of printer.

The print outs will be generally letters documents, spreadsheets etc so the image quality doe snot have to be amazing.

The printer will have to print out fast and print out a lot of copies Can anyone help or has experience in this field? I've heard that Epsom have one of the cheapest cartridge refills?

Thanks in advance!!!
Nearly all of the mono laser printers on the market at present today are extremely cheap to use.
When purchasing a laser printer choose one with a large duty cycle that wont need early replacement drum units
and get a high capacity toner cartridge then your costs will be minimum.

The real saving is in operational use, toner save for all in house documents and set the output
to 300 dpi for any photos or large solids otherwise use 600 dpi for everything else, try and avoid using 1200 dpi.

If you can get a printer with duplex then youll cut your paper costs in half also.
Happy Printing.. :)

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
We use HP Laserjet p1005 in our office for monochrome letter size printing. We have it for like 3+ years now and haven't had any problems with it

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Have a P1505 here with refilled carts from Monoprice, so far so good.

For full color for people who don't want to use refills, I've actually found that the HP Officejets (8X00 series) that take the giant 940XL carts are pretty darn cheap per print. The tanks are relatively expensive but they are huge.