Which Multi-funtion Inkjets Can Be Refilled?

NickC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Looks like I need to replace my old Canon MP-610. I have been refilling this for years using Hobbicolors inks combined with resetting the cartridge chips with a Redsetter.

Question is which of the current bread of inkjets can have their cartridges refilled manually like I have been doing with the Canon? If possible I would like to find something which lasts a bit longer than the Canon which has only printed less than a thousand pages from new, I really don't like what feels like Canon's built-in obsolescence.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
I think any inkjet printers whose ink cartridges can be reset or no need to be reset, can be refilled. This includes both Integrated Printhead - IPA (printhead on ink cart) and Individual Ink Cartridges - IIC (printhead on printer) type. However, IPA seems to last shorter than IIC because the printhead plate on those ink cart is not as durable compared to IIC due to manufacturer technology. Well, for IPA, if the printhead can last any longer than 2 full-refill of the ink cart, then it's good since that printhead is designed and suppose to last for 1 time use only!

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Brother MFC has least problems to be refilled, no chips on most printers, large refillable carts available on ebay. Just add ink.