Which Manufacturer?

jonjon

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello all, I am based in the United Kingdom and I was thinking of setting up an ink refilling business. I have done some research and think that the ThaiFrance Company seems pretty cheap for what I will get. I have also found CBR Engineering in Switzerland but as yet I have not got prices from them. Has anyone dealt with these company's, are the machines any good? Or do you know where else I could look? Cheers

InkDoodle

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Not that I don't recommend Thaifrance at all, but the fact of purchasing from a supplier that is pretty far from you will cost you more than headaches with customs, payments, shipping and then what if the unit breaks or malfunctions, who will pay the shipping, freight etc. etc. THe shipping was what I didn't like about purchasing from them which costed roughly 140$usd for a 10lb item.

I was going to purchase a machine from Thairfrance but decided to hold off on it.

I also wanted to let everyone know about the experience I had with my new machine that I bought from Speedbrite.
The last couple of weeks I've been working with Jim R. from www.speedbrite.com and he helped me out so much I cannot describe. I recently purchased one of his combo vacuum chambered filling machine that works so great I can't describe. Prior to my refills and remanufacturing carts I was performing a majority of them by hand and using a vacuum priming machine to help with air pockets in the cart. When I received the machine from Jim/Speedbrite I took the 4 lexmark26's that recently had failed cyan print tests and reinserted the cart into the vacuum chamber machine and ON THE FIRST TRY IT WORKED 110%, I was shocked as to see the cartridge that I worked on 4 times worked the very first time with my new machine. The other 3 cartridges worked on the first try as well, all off the streaks in the print tests were gone because of using Speedbrite's machine that uses a vacuum chamber technology.

The problem I was having was not being able to properly prime the cart after, and also receiving air bubbles.
Speedbrites kit comes with everything you need except an ultrasonic cleaner that works very well to clean the print head from dried ink. My machine comes with all the clips, syringes, evacuating stations, multi line attachment to use different inks, priming machine which works better than the one I have (costed me 500usd- what a waste).

Before purchasing Speedbrite's machine I was going to purchase the ink3000 machine or one from ramora systems the CFR machine, but I spoke with 6-7 people and many of them didn't recommend them because it didn't really use a vacuum chamber technique but it used a technique similar to just a big Vacuum. Both machines from Ink3000 and Ramora costed 3-4 times as much as the machine from speedbrite.

If anyone has any other questions on my experiences please feel free to email me info@inkdoodle.com

edem_sosu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello Guys ,does anyone know anywhere in the UK where I can have a Ramora X CFR serviced.Thanks.