stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Hat said:
Please Sir Can I have some more :love :lol::gig
Sure, I filled up your fav pint glass with some of mum's gravy.
drinking45_D1YRAX.gif

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
panos said:
Food for thought: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-BU-30-Bluetooth-Adapter-PIXMA/dp/B00164822W but apparently ANY standard (eg. not atheros boot room) bluetooth adapter can be used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkEWycAFB0o

I'd say, research that possibility. Avoiding a second printer is avoiding a headache of maintenance.
Great idea, was not aware that you could do this.
It would be silly to purchase a second printer if I can use the current one.

Will explore this further but just out of interest the MP610 is connected to my desktop computer via a USB connection will this cause any problems If Get the bluetooth adaptor whilst printing from other computers ie. another desktop & laptop ?

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I really don't know. I think you should PM inkoholic since he is already doing this on the 610.

But I don't think that will be a problem considering that many of these printers can print from a memory stick without having problems being already connected to computers.

If inkoholic is reading this, it would be great if he provided details of his bluetooth adapter, some instructions and a few scanned photos as well.

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I Have gone ahead and ordered a BU-20 from Amazon UK on the basis that feedback from several customers appear to indicate it would work on a MP 610.
Looking at the Canon website it states the following,
Can I use the BU-20 with all Canon Bubble Jet Printers?. No, you can't use the BU-20 Bluetooth adapter with all printers. Currently, the BU-20 can be used on the following printers and multifunctionals : PIXMA MP800 PIXMA MP500 PIXMA MP450 PIXMA iP6600D PIXMA iP6220D PIXMA iP6210D Selphy DS810 Note: PCs

However I think the last update was in 2008 so will see how I get on.

As a point of interest there is a BU-10 & BU-30 which work on other Canon printers.