Where to buy empty CLI-8 with chip ?

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Search everywhere from Ebay, Google, etc. No where found.
I need empty CLI-8 & PG-5BK with chip because I intend to use my own choice of ink.
I could only find empty one without chip, or refilled with chip.
Anybody knows ? THanks.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
They should be available on eBay. I have seen them there from time to time. You will need some patience to catch one good deal.

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, the only empty CLI-8 with chip I found is sold in lot (70 or more) . That's too many for me.
I ended up buying this compatible cartridges from Hongkong:
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-PK-ink-for-Ca...ryZ51292QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

THe price is cheap. ONly $5.88 for 1 fullset of PG5BK, CLI-8 BK/C/M/Y with chip.
Bought 2 sets from available 4 sets, and it cost me only $25 incld shipping.
Don't know if it works, but it's a cheap gamble anyway.
I still have to purge the cartridges though because I intend to fill them with my Inktec-bulk ink.
Can't risk my new IP4500 with such a cheap ink.

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. Looking at it now

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hello Serville, would you be kind enough to report back after a few refills of those hong kong cartridges?
Empty CLI-8 and PGI-5 are quite expensive on Ebay these days... I've been able to find two sets at a "reasonable" price a couple of weeks back,
but I'm not sure I'll always be that lucky!

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yup, I will. Still waiting though

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just to update all.
I have received the package, and tried this compatible with chip. It works without a problem in my IP4500.
The cartridge quality is so-so. The sponge looks worse than OEM though. Don't know how many times I can refill this, but they're cheap.
The ink quality looks OK for daily print, but looks much worse than Inktec for photo printing. I'm not going to use this ink anymore since I can't afford damaging my new IP4500 with unknown ink. I will purge them and refill with Inktec.