When to use a Centrifuge Machine and vacuum filling machine

Craig Ross

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

nick38

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There is no need to go to Thai france and buy a expensive centrifuge.All you need to do is buy a cheap spin dryer,make a wooden plate that fits tight to the bottom of the spin dryer and metal clips to hold the cartridges in place. At present i use this for HP colour cartridges,and for getting the ink to the bottom of the cartridges after refilling Epsons,it works a treat.
In the past i have purchased a hp27 refill machine from thai france,oh boy oh boy oh boy,when i received it,it did not work and the email reply from thai france told me to go to a mall to buy a spare part as it is not expensive.
The refill machines do work but they are very basic inside,if you have a friend who is skilled in auto cad im sure he can make one for you,for a fraction of the cost.
I paid approximately 600 dollars for the hp27 machine and i was quoted less than 200 dollars here in Manila to make the same machine
Nick

Psng

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey, Why spend your hard earn money on a Centrifugal M/C? Why not convert your old 10 speed bicycles into one? Just turn your bicycle upside down, secure your cartridges in a bottle or bags then to the spokes of the wheel. Spin it as fast as you like. You can speed it up with the gears. Leave your wife alone with the washing machine. Secure as many cartridges as your wheel can hold. Good Luck.

Paul Sng

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can find a dentist or dental lab that has an old centrifugal gold casting machine to get rid of. You would only be able to attach one cart at a time, but they work great. They are used in a "lost wax casting technique" where you make a wax pattern of an inlay or crown, invest it in a refractory plaster based material, burn out the wax, and use the casting machine to force molten gold into the void left where the wax had been.

inkjetmax

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey, Inkdoodle
I have a Thai France Centrifuge for sale. It has only been used a few time since it has been bought and it is almost in mint condition. If you or any one interested, please form email me. Thank
Asking US$275.00 (not the newest model):)

Sam

I also have the Thai France Electric Color Filling Machine for sale. Purchased for US$2000+ asking US$900.00.

danrad

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Inkjetmax,

Just wondering how these machines performed for you, and out of curiosity why are you selling them?

Dan

inkjetmax

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a few filling machines and the Thai France machines seem a bit more hassle to operate but it is the least expansive though. In terms of performance and quality wise it is still recommanded to fill with a vacuum chamber that Thai France sell as well for the sponge type cartridges. The centrifudge should do the job for smaller operations used for priming and emptying the cartridges. I don't want these to sit around as we are using more advanced machine but cost more than double that of the Thai France ones.

Inkjetmax

Moshe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi InkDoodle,
Remanufacturers usually use centrifuge for empting\cleanning printhead tunnels.
Empting is very important to prevent overfill or prevent mixing 2 ink kinds which
has a different chemical and physical properties. that may have a source of problems.
To prime or remove air bubbles from printhead by using centrifuge is like playing
with russian rolleta.It means that you can empty your cart even you centrifuge it
for a few seconds,and starting everything again....
As a remanufacturer i use centrifuge for cleaning after cartridge set overnight into
cleaning solution without adding a cleaning solution inside.
Why your carts returned from the customer?A few reasons can be the cause:The main
reasons can be:
wrong ink,incorrect filling process,bad cartridge,packing.
From your description i think the problem is in the filling process or in the pack.
Pack-you must use a good clips the best ones.They can be with a special silicone
sealer,or a clips with a special pad like those sold by Rjettek.com,you must use a
blue tape with that clips kind(clean gently with diwater the printhead,put a bluetape
and immediatley close by a clip.It will keep the cart in good condition and no color
will disappear.
Filling-You must fill the cartridge under a vacumm,a very deep vacuum.Such a vacuum that can remove out all of the air and even prime the cartridge .A lot of
companies sale a vacuum filling machines ,only few of them are good.
Inside the cart above the printhead there is a filter and a reservior,the air must be
remove from those places before ink is coming there.The air is the main cause of
bad printing results or not printing at all(air pocket).
A machine (in my experience) that fill under vacuum of minimum 25 inch\Hg are
good one.CBR machines are good but very expensive.
About good manual method how to fill a color carts i will inform later.
Anyway never use "PRIME TOOLS",the cart will print a few pages and you will get it back from your customers.For Sure.Its for amateur,or for a people who fill their
carts at home before the ink run out(and no air entered inside) the new ink is sitting above the old one and everything is ok.But you are a remanufacturer who
get in most cases a total empty carts.

ebiz96

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Members

I have been refilling lexmark cartridges for sometime now, mostly refilled cartridges bought to me by customers for refilling.

However recently i started selling online and my business has increased considerably, and i had to buy virgin empties to compliment my online business, but i find many of these cartridges have stubborn clogs.

I refill all my black cartridges by hand, and color by vacuum machine which i have built.

I have tried to use conventional methods to unblock the dried cartridges, by soaking them in a 50/50 water/bleach mixture as suggested by other experts in this field, but still i cannot overcome this problem.

I know many refillers in the USA use some kind of household cleaner to unblock dried cartridges, but since i am based in UK, i don't know the equivalent of this substance in uk.

Your help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ash

Latest posts