When all other cleaning methods have failed...the last cleaning method to try.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Ultrasonic cleaning might help.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
I did that some time ago with a small 50watt cleaning device,
either with no effect (cleaning time 1-3min) or with even more missing nozzles (3-10min), probably destroyed by ultrasonic..

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
We all know that. It's an insane price policy. The price of a printhead is a "true" price, while printers are subsidized by the heavily overpriced ink cartridges.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
We all know that. It's an insane price policy. The price of a printhead is a "true" price, while printers are subsidized by the heavily overpriced ink cartridges.

Fully agree, but supply and demand sometimes has an effect.

Example! In North America the Pro100 Discount has surfaced again. One side benefit is that several participants will sell the ink, printhead, and printer shell separately to maximize their sales dollar.

The hope for anybody needing a pro100 spare head is that they may drop $25.00 or so in the near short term.

It's like playing the market. The fundamentals work, it is the *&#@! market that is screwed up!

rs

Grazer5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, Ricoh Pro 7100S
I know Canon et al is in the business to sell us their overpriced ink, but I really wish they would ease up on the supply of print heads. We used to buy heads for the 9000 MKII's easily, but finding Pro-100 heads is a chore!

I managed to bring one back from the dead last week using Pharmacist's cleaning solution directly injected into the inlet port of the head with a large syringe that I cut till it first snugly. This will probably only work if you catch it right away, this particular one would not print photo magenta at all, so I put a good cart in and let it sit for a couple of days and then took the head out and went at it with the syringe. Prints like new now!

But getting these printheads when your livelihood depends on it is scary!

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Is Canon Sales not selling them directly anymore? Per the Canon Canada web site, Sales and Order Assistance : 1-866-521-9965

The QY6-0084 print head appears to be plentifully available on eBay here in the US.

Stratman's current eBay prices are exactly what I paid for a Pro100 head on eBay about a year ago, so that market has remained constant. The variable is the tanking Canadian dollar from par about a year ago to approx C$1.33 today for a US dollar. I buy a fair amount from US eBay sellers and it is now very painful. :mad:

As for Canon - Phone Canon USA from Canada and they transfer you to Canon Canada. Last time I checked Canon Canada wanted C$150 for a Pro100 head, shipping and taxes extra.

Thank goodness for the US free enterprise marked next door, else I would not be able to afford to print.

rs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
As for Canon - Phone Canon USA from Canada and they transfer you to Canon Canada.
Is the number I got from Canon Canada and posted above not for Canada?

Who knows how much the print head will be if the stock market tanks. By then will you be able to get your money out of the bank to buy a print head... :idunno

Everything is no worries according to the government.