What's your highest page count you've seen on a Pixma PRO-100 or PRO-200 printhead?

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
The highest page count that I've seen on a PRO-100 printhead is 4,200 and still going. That's not too high in the grand scheme of things. But I'm curious as to what others have seen PRO-100/200 printheads reach.

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you print a nozzle check it will show you how many pages it's printed.

kdsdata

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100 & Brother-L8900
Ah yes, now I remember where I have seen this, and on my Pro-100 is now says 6751-6800 pages.

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Oh wow! You currently hold the record for most prints! I acquired another PRO-100 with 4350 prints after making this post. I'd really like to know the average longevity of the printhead.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'd really like to know the average longevity of the printhead.
How long is a piece of string.. It’s how well the printer is treated determines the longevity of the print head.. A month, A year or indefinitely, it’s really up to the user..

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
How long is a piece of string.. It’s how well the printer is treated determines the longevity of the print head.. A month, A year or indefinitely, it’s really up to the user..
I thought I was the only one that used the "How long is a piece of string? Too damn long" quote. I know what you're saying. I've seen HP OfficeJets that conk out under 10k, while some are still going strong past 48k. Throughout all my servicing of 9000 mark II's and PRO-100's, I don't really see them get that high. My average so far is 200 prints. But that depends on the user and their application.

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I got 54,000 prints out of my iP4500 on one head, used daily..
Holy moly! One thing I've noticed about the two "higher" page count PRO-100's is that flushing the printhead wasn't really necessary. Both gave me zero issues flushing and printing tests with. It makes sense though if ink is always flowing through it.

kdsdata

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100 & Brother-L8900
Holy moly! One thing I've noticed about the two "higher" page count PRO-100's is that flushing the printhead wasn't really necessary. Both gave me zero issues flushing and printing tests with. It makes sense though if ink is always flowing through it.
I see in other postings here that "user care" is important. I do second and third that. Without bragging I give my care a big part in the longevity of my Pro-100.

First, one thing I always do, "as soon" as I get a low ink indication, I replace the cart . In my opinion, when a print head needs, in essence, to "suck" to get ink, it causes some damage, and is a big reason for print head early demise.

Second, I decided to not be cheap on ink, and do a regular once a week nozzle check print, and never more that 1 check.

Third, when I get a poor pattern, I do not run a second check print. I remove the head, place it in a shallow dish with a sheet of paper towel soaked in Windex Original. i.e. not the "D" (for deodorized), to soak for a while. Seems this happens on average around 6 months. I have never needed to run cleaning fluid down through a color channel.

I have printed photos, CDs, all sort of gummed labels, medium thick stock from the back straight through tray, even some T-shirt thermal applicator sheets, and lots of envelopes (love the paper feed for this, no wrinkled envelopes, like my laser printer).

My Pro-100 has done me well. There are three feature I like very much. One is the robust paper feed, second is the Preview screen that is incorporated in the printer driver. The third is the "unconditional" cancel, when clicked the paper simply ejects :), no clicking or long clunking around, like my laser printer :(

Am I bragging? Maybe a little, but yes I am happy with my Pro-100.