Reaction score
whole.jpg

consists of
Mag.jpg

LM.jpg

C.jpg

LC.jpg

2010-05-2122-39-09_0487.jpg

And there is the lonely black which is which one?

This mix will vary with settings and model of printer but will give an idea of how colors are mixed.

Notice how Light Magenta and Magenta are not used independently. Same for Magenta and Light Magenta. That should be lots of food for thought about how colors are mixed. Each page except the first is a single color used in the printer. All other colors are clear.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Since the upper left hand corner is not printed by any of the colors, it must be black. Since you don't have a page for black, can we assume that only the upper left hand corner has any contribution from black?

Did you print these yourself? Did you design this yourself?

Also, I think you must have a typo in the last paragraph. Shouldn't one of those sentences be for cyan rather than for magenta?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Very interesting topic: note the very little use of black in this Datacolor target file: it is actually based on the CMY printing engine and only to optimize the contrast black is used in one square in the upper left patch. Most cheap printers will print this "black" patch by mixing the three basic colours to obtain black. The Contrast Plus systems will use a dedicated black to improve the blackness.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I did mention the "lonely" black. So pharmacist is right. There's that lonely corner.
Yes, I did print these myself and trust me lots and lots of resources & hours have gone into this type of work.

Also note the difference in color tones between the light versus standard versions. In this printer, the light version is better called another color but light or photo is simply used for ease and what is commonly accepted.

The output as I said will vary depending on the RIP internally inside the printer and obviously by printer as well.