What tape do I buy for storing away refilled carts?

OM2

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I've read in several messages about taping up carts after refilling

I read in a few posts about some tape available from Lidl - unfortunately, don't have one of these near me

I want to buy from ebay - but can't remember what the tape is called
Can someone tell me what I should be searching for?

Thanks

Omar

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I use a thin vinyl tape that can stretch over the outlet port and make a good seal. Most people use an electrical tape but you want to get a good quality one that won't leave an adhesive residue. I use a tape made by 3M from a local supplier.

If you are talking about a tape to seal the German refill hole, you want to use one that has a good adhesive so that it won't come loose if some ink gets on it. Many people use an aluminum tape. I've been using a tape called Gorilla tape but it leaves a lot of residue and so I may change my mind on that one.

You don't want to seal the air vent, the cartridge needs that path for normal ambient air pressure fluctuations.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
You don't want to seal the air vent, the cartridge needs that path for normal ambient air pressure fluctuations.
Maybe you should seal it with tape until you use it, to retard evaporation. It might not make much difference, but it won't hurt anything either. The vent certainly was sealed when it left the factory, and there's no way you will be able to seal it that well again. Don't worry, there's no way you will build up pressure or vacuum during storage.

OM2

Printer Guru
Reaction score
thanks for the replies
i didn't realise i had got replies - i didn't get emails from the website notifying me :(

i want electric tape to seal temporarily while i send to someone

i've searched for 'electric tape'and 'vinyl tape' on ebay and haven't come up with anything
i know what the tape looks like! i just can't find it on ebay - which is made - there MUST be sellers selling - it's such a common item!
aaargh!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
OM2:

Why don't you go to a local store and buy some tape?

iP4XXX

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610, Canon iP4200
Your welcome. I ran a search for "electrical tape" instead of "electric tape".

OM2

Printer Guru
Reaction score
stratman said:
OM2:

Why don't you go to a local store and buy some tape?
1. laziness
2. probably cheaper on ebay in any case - i've seen i can get 2 rolls of 33m 19mm width tape for 2.89 delivered
3. i could get in the car, drive to the local shop and find they're selling for 4 - waste of petrol, waste of money, waste of time

take ur pick - the answer is all 3 :)