What is the latest on PGI-5 and CLI-8 resetters?

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@tudor, thanks, I did not know this either about the new printers since we don't have one.

Very interesting, one must ask, is this a new efficiency mode or is it because the printer sucks up ink and fills a bit more of your refuse bin each time it starts up, so it is a way to make you use even more ink. And at the same time it can be to challenge those using ARCs. They do not have this default on the older cli-221 and the cli-8 printers. Those have an excellent sleep mode, so why would they add this 240 minute shut down.

It is appalling to me how Canon is constantly hurting its customers and our planet. I would happily give up our resetting business to see Canon get some moral fiber, and stop always looking at their bottom line. I believe we can all make a living and still take care of each other and our beautiful planet. Thanks so much for bringing this issue to my attention, I will be able to help others now that I know about the new 240 minute cut off.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
i'm happy man that u care about the planet and that one is one of the idea of refill is like recycle just the bussines they don't like thanks michele for read and help others any thing strange and see on my new canon i will report and a person that use it or before they buy it they will have an idea how it will be.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
On my ip3600 I can choose if and when the printer should turn off by itself:

If it receives a print command it turns on, but rarely does a cleaning cycle. I don't think the AutoPowerOff option adds to the ink consumption.

Is this different on the new printers? Oroblec?

mapsy said:
I believe we can all make a living and still take care of each other and our beautiful planet.
That is a beautiful thought. Thank you for thinking that!

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
is the same not cleaning cycle but i was thinking new printer have this option enable maybe they printer dies more often if never turn off or u think guys will be the same cause i think a printer always on not like it was before sleep more gonna die faster but maybe i'm wrong and is the same.