What is best color laser printer?

audi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
What is the best (but least expensive) color laser printer?
Also, I need for it to be a postscript printer.
Can anyone tell me the difference between a "Laser" and a "Laser Jet" printer?
I know the difference between an INK JET and laser, but not sure about LASER JET????????
thanks

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
audi, welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see more Laser questions here!

From what I understand, "LaserJet" is just the name that HP uses for their printers. Their laser technology is, for the most part, the same as the others.

Oh, I just verified it, "LaserJet is a brand name for laser printers manufactured by Hewlett Packard. These printers range from small domestic to large industrial models. "
http://www.google.com/search?source...s=GGLD,GGLD:2004-44,GGLD:en&q=define+laserjet

audi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on the best/least expensive color laser printer to buy?

cliffordwagner

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The OKI C5150n is a great printer (not PostScript though) for the price.

I Have used it for a few months now and am especially pleased with it. The quality for general purpose office documents can't be beat for the price. It is 15-22 ppm with 9 seconds to first page, and a single pass system. The toner can be refilled without special tools and the image drums can be reset with a single fuse that costs a few pennies.

I will probably post a thread about the OKI C5150n printer with tips and tricks that I find out as I use it, including refilling it.

Hope this info was helpful.

Clifford Wagner

pigletismybff

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I use this cartridgesdirect.com.au/Lexmark-X203n-multifunction-printer. It's just right for my budget, easy to use, and does a quiet but efficient job of printing, copying, and scanning. Toner life seems to be okay too.

geocha

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The best color laser for it's price is the epson c1100!

POS:
1. Best color you can get from a Laser
2. Very very cheap and easy to refill toners
3.Ethernet support (n series only)
4. 25 ppm b/w
5. Never jams
6. Print on almost every kind of paper
7. Completely SILENT in standby and when finishes the job

CONS:
1. Slow in color 5ppm
2. Heavy (about 25 kgm)
3. large footprint

For me it is the best choice! Oki's are fine but print quality is bad! Also the drums wear out very fast! I had a C5950N and sold it the second month!
Other fair and cheap printers are the 12xx and 15xx and 20xx HP series and also the entry level of xerox. The samsung clp320 is fair also and then if you want to spend a little more (300-600) go for the Kyoceras! C52xx C53xx series!

timlisten

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm using OKI C5500, the quality is pretty good and I like it.

lbrain

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
HP sure makes a lot of great color laser jets which I think should round your few choices actually.

There are a lot of choices out there and you just have to pick the one that would work well with your preference and to some degree, your budget.

And there are also a lot of brands you might want to consider just to make it a more dynamic choice.