What ink setup should i invest in for my new HP photosmart C6280

goldfingerz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

this is my very first printer and after reading several post on this forum, I'm wondering whether I should invest in a Continuous Inkjet system, non-oem cartridges or in a refilling kit. i have no experience with any of these strategies. What do you guys recommend I invest my time and money in? I plan on using the printer for printing pictures and regular printouts. I'm still unsure the quantity of photos I plan to print.

Also where could I purchase your recommendations (needs to ship to Canada)?

And where's a cheap place to order photo paper for my HP?

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Good to see another Canadian here. If you live near a Costco store, you really can't go wrong buying and using Kirkland photo paper. The price is incredibly reasonable, and the quality is excellent with most printers. As for cartridges, HP has a good deal on their "value packs". these are usually full sets of 6 sold at half price when compared to buying them individually..sometimes they even come with enough ink and bonus paper to print 50 or 150 4 x 6 prints.
This makes it quite reasonable.

I don't think that a CIS system is for you yet...unless you plan one day to do a large volume of printing.
Welcome to this forum...you will find a number of very knowledgeable people willing to help.

goldfingerz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll go check costco for their kirkland paper.

What do you think about non-oem cartridges, they seem to be real bargains?

Ken_CW_Honolulu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Your HP Photosmart C6280 Printer takes the HP 02 cartridge. It is a spongeless inktank with the printhead seperate, as such it's cheap and easy to refill (drill and fill), but you must find a workaround for the microchip. I wouldn't go for a complicated CIS unless you were printing very large quantities.

You may want to look into some 3rd party clear plastic cartridges. They are supposed to have triple the volume of the Original Equipment, are clear so visual inspection of remaining ink is possible, have a removable silicone plug for injection refills, and an autoreset chip that resets itself to full when the cartridge is plugged in.

HP%2002%20Refillable%20Cartridges.jpg

goldfingerz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Ken.

I'm start off by using non-oem cartridges and see what my consumption is and take it from there.