What happens if I 3/4 refill and reset cartridge?

sbrads

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
iP4700
All this talk about how much to refill..... I just weighed my CLI-521 cartridges when new, then when refilling I used the German method with a few minutes rest then a top up with barely a bubble left at the top, re-weighed them and they were exactly the same as when new. So therefore this must be the correct method.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
AND where do i get isopropyl from!
I buy it from Ebay, there are several large traders on there. Look for the 99%

I have not yet used it for making up head cleaning fluid, but do use it with distilled water and Fotoflo to clean LP's (That's vinyl to all you young uns!) :)

OM2

Printer Guru
Reaction score
did a search on ebay for ammonia, they sell that as well

OM2

Printer Guru
Reaction score
sbrads said:
All this talk about how much to refill..... I just weighed my CLI-521 cartridges when new, then when refilling I used the German method with a few minutes rest then a top up with barely a bubble left at the top, re-weighed them and they were exactly the same as when new. So therefore this must be the correct method.
i think that's a great test
hmmm... well that maybe means that the replacement ink u are using is less of a grade than the original oem?
would be interesting to find out results from others
i'll post here when i refill next
i've got loads of sealed oem... so i'll be able to give a measure as well

bsanotrun

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
OM2 said:
great. thanks for that.

just one other thing, maybe it's stating the obvious, but i thought i'd ask anyway: are these ingredients highly dangerous and need to be kept away from small kids?
no more dangerous then all the other household cleaners you are likely to have in your house.
You don't want your children to have access to any of them.

Mike