ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
aman74 said:
ghwellsjr said:
I bought empty Canon BCI-6 (and BCI-3e) cartridges on eBay. I see there are some available right now. You can use BCI-3e (color and photo black) as substitutes for BCI-6, they are physically identical.

I get my InkTec ink in 1 liter bottles from inktec.com but if you want small quantities you can get them from inkjetcartridge.com.
Ok, I'll look into that, although I did hear that there are issues with BCI-3e blacks.
Actually, the BCI-3e black is the larger pigment black which is not available in a BCI-6 version. The BCI-6 black is a dye ink. As far as I know, there are only three BCI-3e dye cartridges, (cyan, magenta, and yellow). These are the ones that are identical to their BCI-6 counterparts.

If you are not sure if you want to refill your cartridges yourself, you can get the best of both worlds (refilled Canon cartridges) by looking down at the bottom line of this post. Later on, if you decide to refill yourself, you will have the best cartridges to refill.

aman74

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help, I don't have time right now to go over everything, but hopefully I will soon.

aman74

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
I bought empty Canon BCI-6 (and BCI-3e) cartridges on eBay. I see there are some available right now. You can use BCI-3e (color and photo black) as substitutes for BCI-6, they are physically identical.

I get my InkTec ink in 1 liter bottles from inktec.com but if you want small quantities you can get them from inkjetcartridge.com.
I see no place on InkTec to actually order, that seems to be a corporate page. I found this though:

http://www.inktec.us/

I checked out the first link and second links. Injetcartridge.com is almost double the price of 4inkjets.com, are they really selling the same thing? Also, I don't see the refill inks, just cartridges.

I have some more questions, sorry I'm still lost.

-I have some Inkgrabber cartridges in there now. How are these for refilling?

-They are quite old though, over a year. Is it safe to refill them? I saw in the other link mention of making sure to purge them first, but I'm leary.

-People provided links here for cartriges like at the Atlanta shop, but are the cartridges good for refilling? How's the ink?

-How do I know what ink these places use and what is a good ink in general and which one's are good for photo quality as I may get back into that.

-What cartridges are good for refilling?

-Does anyone still like Inkgrabber?

Anyone do this for Epson as well?

Thanks

aman74

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
aman74 said:
ghwellsjr said:

Ok, I'll look into that, although I did hear that there are issues with BCI-3e blacks.
Actually, the BCI-3e black is the larger pigment black which is not available in a BCI-6 version. The BCI-6 black is a dye ink. As far as I know, there are only three BCI-3e dye cartridges, (cyan, magenta, and yellow). These are the ones that are identical to their BCI-6 counterparts.

If you are not sure if you want to refill your cartridges yourself, you can get the best of both worlds (refilled Canon cartridges) by looking down at the bottom line of this post. Later on, if you decide to refill yourself, you will have the best cartridges to refill.
I never saw any auctions listed. You sell Inktec ink? And what brand of cartridges?

Thanks