What Are You Currently Printing Today?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
You will be excited to learn I'm picking up a monoprice voxel tomorrow from a friend who upgraded to a Bambu A1,

Free.99! Works fine, he just wanted a bigger plate printer that wasn't as finicky.
Welcome to the mad world of 3D printing. The best advice I can give is set a finite time per day for playing with the printer, otherwise if you have a partner now you might not have them after a few weeks :lol:

Its addictive!

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
Welcome to the mad world of 3D printing. The best advice I can give is set a finite time per day for playing with the printer, otherwise if you have a partner now you might not have them after a few weeks :lol:

Its addictive!
Oh I've been printing for a bit. This is just my first FDM machine. My existing setup is resin SLA, so now I will get to explore the joys of jammed nozzles, funky extruder heads, and all that jazz.

Which reminds me. Anyone have favorite filament brands? I ordered some elegoo to play with while I learned. Their resin is pretty good so I'm hoping that translates to filament as well.

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
Stringy on the fine detail at this scale. Bed was 55c nozzle was 221c. Both within spec for the PLA. However, I"'m taking it as a successful learning lesson.

20240114_091340.jpg
20240114_091252.jpg

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
I had some stuff queued up to run once I got access to an FDM, so I'm knocking them out in rapid succession. Did 3 of these little bud vases yesterday to go with the roses I printed last month. Image is shot in front of a mirror to show the color variation in the PLA. The odd-looking "parting line" at the shoulder is some kind of defect in the first one I ran. It's all one piece and the other 2 don't show it.

20240115_111836.jpg

Up today is a "slip over" cover for the pod camera/microphone combo that lives on my desk for work.

Last edited:

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
Before/after. This camera has a habit of resetting the USB connection and re-enbabling itself. So, I have it a little hat.

20240116_135312.jpg
20240116_135322.jpg

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
Or maybe someone/some other connection from outside is enabling it :eek:
I think it was my garbage lenovo laptop. I needed to have it re-imaged for Windows 11 a couple of weeks ago and pulled some strings to just get a new one instead. Hasn't happened since.