What Are You Currently Printing Today?

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
That's crazy amazing!!!!!

Excellent work!

Did you create the STL or grab it from somewhere?

Your final result SUPER reminds me of when I used to do really basic "glass blowing" (which was me using pliers to squeeze glass I melted with propane torch) ;)

ABLVV86-_xKBYpBPuRIw1YHyFX539eUXE83s70joRqHbGvJ-cJWDg8nmSrsU_9yWdzCWobpUd5xfQk-RZJTlIanLlY5UItKKJ_c2eWk1C2UwfWE4LtXpsbcm4p4d0o4SWBxk_918h5-E8X1sPLBSZ97b0A-0BaCLr3Fq7-YIt1_fWZWIwM59AVSXEiFbuf_IpHVKkTzmLhJuEExsDyt5V0iyN4d_Dia0d2KQhm4J517PiUCVzFkS-yJNKXFSi_NzA2AIuv6u-scVo1HmuTAT3XtpoJHYJoAeBZbcUBPhZCFOoz_NjMqd_nSeJDH_hfk_hf5n-F4pJkjMfBxZbDyq3NTPseXRi34Zo5GJkZ-SeAETp2x_aJx_sYdioBeWuJoO3BVbU5LRwek4BKb6FvClb0YSVLdAiADrSkgzCOQ03XRlo9rCjhfvYGrDurInule9rxT2GoKErIwdEeZIR6rNcLQ5J9hnHfjB6t5BUImcd7fgZsg15RZE0cj4V4GdYH6L36Kcn-t8oQMygL1SHSdrFQ0g6vNEsxci0L9gxHW8z2in-VjNzyQS7qWbho2lFkFkwwIpbTErlhBM_Ca9P6d6GiYlwe3cgwHP-nAAx2g-wjP_BxcxNPIyzANbAHQ8tWvEJeaUerau1BTdBVWBsz-m0OkEWr5UPIpFFImQveKW3VwT1yJMdOakUkNVlBUwiC8kp1ixeKv4wIWh0b5MHupKUm9sj6ebLGResLF5IUsDcXfaLsxa9ZIdTs0gwclHRB5_EOBJRHBo8UN7T2gPa9_oMhZf0znbesrfr00nXH0gwmkViElJTLg13SgCnQi9EBwTuHDXsVi0_928xL3iPN7U_ocyqUMbgcQdnBwgKZ_HoLfKkIi3cUWmKbGK1s-p4t45G_e6OQg=w640-h480-s-no-gm
It was a pair of STL's that I had to adapt slightly to work together. I liked the stem from one but not the petals, and I like the petals from another but they didn't have a provision for any kind of lighting. I punched a hole through for some either fiber or small LED's in the petal assembly and hollowed out the stem to take a button battery and some wiring. I need to tweak the stem a bit more to add a small on/off switch and threads to screw/unscrew the parts, and it could be fully capable of lighting. I just ran out of time to work with it with holidays coming up.

I guess it gives me something to shoot for. :)

Last edited:

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I punched a hole through for some either fiber or small LED's in the petal assembly and hollowed out the stem to take a button battery and some wiring. I need to tweak the stem a bit more to add a small on/off switch and threads to screw/unscrew the parts, and it could be fully capable of lighting. I just ran out of time to work with it with holidays coming up.

Oh! I definitely would love to see it when it has lighting! That's a great idea!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It was a pair of STL's that I had to adapt slightly to work together. I liked the stem from one but not the petals, and I like the petals from another
Congratulations @chaos_engineer, that’s amazing work, a rose is still a rose, things are what they are even when done in 3D, I also liked your idea of using two STL files, as I said it's beautiful even without the LED light.. Great work..

I have been toying with the idea of getting a Laser Engraver and cutter for a while but can’t decide whether I would use it or it would be just a folly, decisions, decisions, because I’m no artist..

https://store.creality.com/eu/produ...464405.creality_christmas_activities_main_1.1
laser.PNG

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
Congratulations @chaos_engineer, that’s amazing work, a rose is still a rose, things are what they are even when done in 3D, I also liked your idea of using two STL files, as I said it's beautiful even without the LED light.. Great work..

I have been toying with the idea of getting a Laser Engraver and cutter for a while but can’t decide whether I would use it or it would be just a folly, decisions, decisions, because I’m no artist..

https://store.creality.com/eu/produ...464405.creality_christmas_activities_main_1.1
View attachment 15737
Thanks!

I've been eyeing some omtech units for laser. I'd like to be able to engrave steel bottles (think hydroflasks) and they have machines and fixtures that make it easy. I'm having a time justifying the expense too, so I feel you on that.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I remember distinctly 5 years ago that a good buddy (that is very creative and had a 3D printer for years) said: "Once I got my 3D cutter / engraver, I barely ever use my 3D printer."

I still have a hard time believing that, but maybe for some types of creators it could be as useful and even more?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I still have a hard time believing that, but maybe for some types of creators it could be as useful and even more?
That’s my dilemma too, what I imagine and what is a reality are two different things, but in my case I am still madly in love with 3D printing, right now I reckon laser cutters are still a couple of fields away from me..:caf

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I think it very much depends on what you want to create as to what is the best method to do it.

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
I have a not-insignificant list of things needed to get done before we host family for Christmas, so what do I do instead? That's right, whip up some bespoke stocking tags instead. :p

Illustrator-->Tinkercad-->Lychee-->print.

screen grab from lychee
Screenshot 2023-12-20 134904.png

Rough blanks after printing and an alky bath
20231220_175819.jpg

Finished pieces. resin and acrylic paint, with a rattlecan clearcoat. The big ones are about 3.5"

20231223_130553.jpg

chaos_engineer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anycubic Photon Mono 4k
Lovely finish on your prints, but you wouldn’t catch me using resin to print..
You will be excited to learn I'm picking up a monoprice voxel tomorrow from a friend who upgraded to a Bambu A1,

Free.99! Works fine, he just wanted a bigger plate printer that wasn't as finicky.

Last edited: