What are the last printer series with a resettable cartridge chip that can be refilled w/ bulk ink?

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
If you want to change to Epson I wo recommend the Expression Premium series printer. You can than do refilling with the inks for the ET-77xx printers. I do that for all Epson printers in the family. Good inks with no problems to a good price. I would say, that the inks for the recent ET-85xx models are also good inks. So you have a lot of very Good inks you can use.
Only downside for the Expression Premium printers is, That there is no resetter, only cartridges with ARC as far as I know.
Cheers,
Maximilian

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Maybe for most, but I'm not most and neither are probably most here.
And, I'm familiar with these 'refurbished' PH's.
We’re now on post ten here and you still haven’t got the message yet, the Epson print head is not for changing, and if you still want to go down that road, the job works out pretty expensive and no guarantee that it will even work ?

So in a nut shell what part of no is it you don’t get.. My advice... Stick with Canon..

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
I didn't know there was some limit to asking questions, since other than reading, that;s how I've always expanded my knowledge. I prefer that to the 'school of hard knocks'.
AFA as "sticking with Canon", I have in the past, but I felt it was time fro a change.

Is there something wrong with that?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Is there something wrong with that?
Nope, but trying to fit a refurbished print head onto a Epson printer and expecting it to work is, we’re just trying to save you from the hard knocks, that’s all, and all good intentions are on our part..

Epson print heads are not consumer replaceable, only the printer is..

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
I understand that, I've done that more than once with Canon printers even thou the process itself is much easier. As you know the 'refrib' process is usually not successful.
My object is to try it with the knowledge of at least doing so, successful or not. We aren't talking about a lot of money here, the printer was free in the 1st place.

And I've had (unfortunately) the bad experience of a MB getting fired from a bad printhead (or the reverse) since there really wasn't any way to know what took out what. Something that I wasn't aware of after probably 15 years of Canon ownership. :(
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that problem (one taking out the other) still exists with at least Canon, if not HP?

(I don't mind a couple of semi-hard knocks once in a while.)

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
And I've had (unfortunately) the bad experience of a MB getting fired from a bad printhead (or the reverse) since there really wasn't any way to know what took out what.
I had several of these malfunctions - at the time of the IP4000- 4200 and similar printer models and I changed to Epson since then, but reading postings here and there I'm under the impression that such dual failures don't happen anymore with the newer printer generations - it's just the printhead left causing the B200 error.

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
I already pulled the plug. One of the tanks was empty and I wasn't going to go thru the trouble to buy 1 tank since this design was doomed from the start with wht appears to be unavailable (in the US) 3rd party ARC carts with limited number of 'resets'.
Beside after reading reviews of this specific model, that further doomed even tiring to this any further. I will admit, access to cleaning (flushing) the sponges is far better than with the 4300 of which appeared hardly used. I doubt there were more than 500 pages printed with this, if that many which made it worthwhile to at least try.

I do know where/when to stop and bail. :th

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
OT, but, can the Pharmacist formula for flushing & preserving Canon inkjets be used with Epson printers either dye or pigment?

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
it's just the printhead left causing the B200 error.
I was under the impression after reading into that, was it worked both ways the PCB taking out the printhead or the printhead taking out the PCB. Both due to shorting out of one or the other. But, it continued into newer models, but I didn't see any point it was really resolved.
One would think electronic design would/could have protection for something like that. At least one preventing dual failures.

I even went thru the trouble & expense of picking up a couple of spare 4300's (w/o heads, one brand new) for pennies on the dollar in case that happened to me again, which it hasn't.
Of course, if I didn't get the spares, it probably would of. :barnie

Latest posts