What am I overlooking?

Country Bumpkin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon i960 that sat unused for awhile after a recent move. My wife recently needed to print some photos so I hooked it back up and printed the photos. Tonight I tried to print some simple text and I get nothing but a blank page. I have tried printing off word pad, note pad, web page etc. It will print graphics but no text. What am I overlooking? I remember messing with a few settings for the photo printing but have double checked everything I can find and have come up empty handed.

Thanks in advance for any replys

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Have you done a nozzle check pattern from the printer preferences / settings? If you run that process and you get nice colors / lines it is a software issue. If you get nothing printed, it is a cartridge / printhead problem.

Country Bumpkin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yep........... nozzle check looks great. I was trying to rack my brain for a solution because I was thinking that I had run into this problem before. I thought there might be a simple solution such as a setting check box or something I was overlooking.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'm willing to bet it's totally missing the pigment part of the nozzle check l. If someone could point to a complete nozzle check pattern for that printer that would help confirm/deny

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hello from India!
If a printer prints photographs, It will print text. Try printing a mixed graphic page and you shall have your answer,alternately:-
go to control panel
go to printers
select your printer
right click on the printer
go to properties
print a self test page.
If printout OK ---All is OK
If Print out not OK
Go to DOS Prompt eg c:\
give the directory print command: dir>prn
If print out OK Printer OK Cart OK check connecting cable/software.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Jasii

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If you select the printer from 'Start' > 'Printers and Faxes', right click on the printer > 'Properties' and elect to print a test page?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Country Bumpkin said:
Yep........... nozzle check looks great. I was trying to rack my brain for a solution because I was thinking that I had run into this problem before. I thought there might be a simple solution such as a setting check box or something I was overlooking.
How many different blocks of color show up in the nozzle check?

Country Bumpkin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
How many different blocks of color show up in the nozzle check?
There are six rectangular blocks at the top(three on each side with a small black or gray box beside each one) and six smaller below. (four on top and two below)

I will try the test per Jasiiboss now and report the findings. Thanks for the help!