WF 645 and WF 3640

ForumUser

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3640
Hi All,

Some of you may have seen my lamentations as I tried to fix my WF 3640 - since I have not found a free used one to substitute components on, I gave up trying to fix it for now - and, I may never get another printer that expensive, again.

But, I do have a much more used WF 645 that seems to work fine - and, for which I have lots of ink (126/127 cartridges).

The WF 3640 used 252 cartridges and I have a lot of these, as well.

So, is there a great, reliable all-in-one that uses these inks? I can cross reference which Epson printers do use the ink, but I don't know which printers have shown themselves to be good ... or, at least reliable. There are a LOT of used printers locally ... amortizing the ink is about the best strategy I can come up with now - while I wait for a free 3640 :)

Thanks!

PS - It still bugs me I can't even find out what the failure code 0x20 means on the WF 3640 - https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...py-or-scan-from-computer-or-on-printer.15037/

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The WicReset utility gives you a one line error description in the status report, if that doesn't help you need a service manual