We're moving (and other stories)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'll need to be quick as I'm on borrowed "work time" tonight but just a couple of informational points for those who regularly check and might be interested.

Moving and Expanding...
I'm moving and expanding the OctoInkjet business over the next month to a decent sized workshop unit that will more than triple my worktop and storage area. Aside from regaining some sanity at home, it'll mean I can finally start offering things like refillable carts (for Epsons) and have dedicated work space for some long neglected projects like my own hybrid CIS systems and waste kits for printers other than Epson.

Downtime (again)
Sadly one of my grandfathers passed away last week so I have a funeral to go to and that coupled with lots of chaotic family visits, the move, etc... means I'm closing up shop again for another 10 days from 24th August to 4th September so I don't have to stress about messing things up any more than I absolutely have to... For anyone who is relying on me for ink and may run out sooner, rather than later, you might want to get some sorted in the next few days.

In General
I'm fully expecting September in general to be total chaos with messed up orders, stock being put "somewhere safe"... Business as normal? .. Erm, Hopefully not! ;)
Either way, it's going to be a bit of an adjustment while I sort everything out... Once it's done though I'll officially be full time on OctoInkjet and even my wife is joining me to help out so all you male printer geeks can marvel at my luck in landing this wonderful woman and seasoned printer officianado (not so much by choice on her part mind).

So, yeah... Some good news, some bad... It's all change...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Bloomin' eck I wasn't wrong... It's been a complete nightmare trying to sort all manner of problems that were supposed to be covered along with others that I never expected in a million years.

Either way, we're now in the new workshop (there now) and while I've had trouble getting on top of orders till today, and messed up my stock orders (completely out of key Canon inks - Oops!)... It is a whole lot better as a working environment.

I'll get some pictures up when I've found a bit more time but if anyone is looking for some new/used printers (mainly Epson, but some Canon/HP) then keep an eye, I'm having a clear out!

Fun, fun, fun!.. ....Apparently! :p

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Good luck to you mate & it's great to see your missus as a full time worker as I know she likes to pop a freebie or two into our orders. I find it's always nice to have a surprise when I open my order:)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
rodbam said:
Good luck to you mate & it's great to see your missus as a full time worker as I know she likes to pop a freebie or two into our orders. I find it's always nice to have a surprise when I open my order:)
Typical bloody Aussie he thinks that all women love him..:lol: